What's on the workbench?

I don't trace visually, I always use a DMM so I really don't care how many layers are in the thing. Unless you're tracing from photos a four layer board is no more complicated than a single sided board.
What’s a DMM?

I modded my mid-90's Cry Baby a couple of years ago. Those Dunlop boards and not nearly as robust as the PedalPCB Tear Jerker. I added an 8-position rotary switch for selecting the capacitor in the tuned network, a Q pot and a Gilmour Switch that more-or-less swaps the input and output for that signature tone in Echoes. Now that I have a Tear Jerker board, I'll redo it so it's cleaner. Only thing I don't like about the Tear Jerker is it doesn't have the emitter-follower buffer up front. Easily fixed with a bit o' Vero.

I modded my mid-90's Cry Baby a couple of years ago. Those Dunlop boards and not nearly as robust as the PedalPCB Tear Jerker. I added an 8-position rotary switch for selecting the capacitor in the tuned network, a Q pot and a Gilmour Switch that more-or-less swaps the input and output for that signature tone in Echoes. Now that I have a Tear Jerker board, I'll redo it so it's cleaner. Only thing I don't like about the Tear Jerker is it doesn't have the emitter-follower buffer up front. Easily fixed with a bit o' Vero.

I need to invest in a Tear Jerker so I can get this Sabbadius Soul Inductor and Chase Tone Wah pot in action. I had the same thought as you about the buffer and I think I may have my own board made up as a retrofit to switch for input to output for flexibility.

I also want to make a fixed wah and a switcher box that allows me switch the Wah upstream and downstream of fuzz.

Back