Rockman X100 Repair

So I happened upon my dad's old Rockman X100 headphone amp a while back, and was bummed to find that he had left 8 AA batteries in it for the last 30 years. Naturally they had corroded from the acid over time.

It looks like the corrosion was contained to just the battery pack and I cleaned it up a bit:

for a number of photos

I plan to recap all of the capacitors with Nichicon capacitors, springs, battery contact plates, and possibly the switches.

My concern however is with the battery board with all of the corrosion. Is there any hope for saving this, or is the battery compartment board irreplaceable? I would love to be able to order a Rockadaptor and avoid batteries all together but I'm not sure if anything will work with the damage that's been done.\

Thanks!

I used a pair of Buck Boost DC converters recommended by cybercow. It’s not exactly true restoration, but it’s an option.

Thank you both for the help. Pretty sure those springs you linked are right so I will order some of those, and if I can get it working I will definitely do the Buck Boost mod.

The good news is that the X100 now powers on with AA batteries after replacing all capacitors and cleaning up the corrosion, even with the original damaged springs.

However I'm not getting any input signal from the guitar input jack. I can get signal from the Aux In 1/4" jack and it interacts with the volume switch.

Hopefully it's just the input jack that needs to be replaced, but I'm not too versed in circuits.

Thanks!

Back