4 Tap DC Converter/Isolator Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

that’s gonna be tricky to drill correctly isn’t it?

The USB and Isolator projects aren't too bad because if you do botch the drilling you can accommodate by adjusting the depth of the hardware or add washers. Worse case scenario you could use long screws with nuts to set the height of the PCB to virtually any depth needed.

The DC jacks sit inside the enclosure so the PCB "floats".

The Current Meter is more critical since the DC jack is flush mounted with the exterior of the enclosure.... but since that one requires a rectangular cutout for the display anyway I would recommend using Tayda's drill service (along with a tested and verified template) rather than trying to do it by hand. I'm considering offering that one as a complete kit with everything required to build it, including a pre-milled enclosure.

these links are for 12V output ?

assuming i could use one of these - wouldn’t mind having a 12V option to go with the 9V outputs. (so i can run a CE-2 @ 12V)

i also noticed this query about possibly using ITR0305S09 for up to 333ma (9V), as opposed to IEB0105S09 (up to 111ma, 9V)

I was planning on getting these since they provide more ma (says 333ma) and are in stock. In a previous thread you mentioned using the 12v version (305s12). Since I'm looking for 9v operation I'm assuming these are what I'd need with the l78l05cv?

assuming the L7805CV 1.5A regulator would handle all of that just fine?
(333x4 = 1332 ma)

these links are for 12V output ?

Yep. I was working on the regulated output version at that time. I should remove (or update) that post to prevent any confusion.

1708355419907.png

I dropped the regulators in the first version to lower the idle current consumption, but will probably bring them back for more stable voltage outputs. LDOs might not be a bad choice in that case.

Yes, you can mix and match the output voltages of the converters (or voltage regulators in the regulated version) if you want.

dropped the regulators in the first version to lower the idle current consumption, but will probably bring them back for more stable voltage outputs. LDOs might not be a bad choice in that case.
oh.
without the regulators, is the first version gonna have issues? or is it just not bang on 9V and wanders a bit with different loads?

(just curious cos i have first version)

I haven't had any issues with the unregulated version so far.

The GigRig Isolator (and a few of their other power utilities) use similar unregulated converters without problems.

Any chance PedalPCB is planning to stock those DC/DC converters for the USB Pedal Power board? Theyre not at Tayda, and I dont really want to have to make a single order from Mouser for one part - I'm in Australia as well so would rather buy from PPCB once - order some other stuff I want and not have to make orders with different companies.

Any chance PedalPCB is planning to stock those DC/DC converters for the USB Pedal Power board? Theyre not at Tayda, and I dont really want to have to make a single order from Mouser for one part - I'm in Australia as well so would rather buy from PPCB once - order some other stuff I want and not have to make orders with different companies.
i’m from australia too.
i recommend just get em from mouser or digikey.
mouser does free shipping for a minimum $60 order and i think digikey is $50 min.

what you’re complaining about is something that all of us have to deal with.
there are some ways to minimize costs if you’re sensible, but sometimes you just have to take a hit if you want to build a circuit bad enough. that’s just how it is.

might as well order yourself some other bits on mouser while you’re there for anything else you might need like genuine ICs and transistors, voltage regulators, capacitors whatever you think you might need for any future projects. it’s not too bad really.

If you got into pedal building to save money, you picked the wrong hobby. Like the vast majority of us, I got into this because I like doing things myself, being able to put my own creative spin on something, and mod circuits to fit my tone/genre.

When I place an order on PPCB, I also place an order at a minimum of 2 other sites (Mouser/SBP). And I already have boxes full of ICs, components, enclosures, etc.

Fair enough. I'm reasonably new to this, I guess I was hoping that maybe there was another source for something like this IC, but if that's not the case then so be it, and I'll order from digikey/mouser.
I got into it to save money AND because I like building things haha.

@Robert have you tried to put an LC filter on the input or output as the datasheets or Jack Orman suggest and do you think there is any (real) benefit? Have you measured the ripple of the converters you use? I guess there is no audible noise but I am still curious about it.

Also, with the amount of C2CE builds around here I'd bet I'm not the only person interested in a diy "Mr. Universe" type high draw >500mA 9v isolator even if it's just a single channel. As always, moar is moar when it comes to power supply needs.
I’m in the same boat. I need 4 400-500ma supplies with being 12v for the Madbean Archibald. It doesn’t have to be 12v but seem to sound better to my ears. I’ve been looking at power supplies all week. Cheapest option seemed the voodoo labs digital which has 4 500ma outputs I believe.

I’m little confused as to what these are exactly. https://www.joyoaudio.com/product/95.html

@Robert There 2 different ones. One I believe is an “isolator” that can handle up to 800ma. The other is a usb converter and isolator that can handle 400ma.

Back