SOLVED Aion FX LED orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.

almondcity

Can anyone point me to documentation on how Aion wants the LED? I completed a build just now that is working perfectly except the LED does not illuminate. I put the cathode into the square pad and also thought my orientation agreed with the silkscreen

I can probably figure out how to reverse it but I'd like to make sure before I rip it apart

Thanks

Legacy or newer N1 PCB with daughterboard?
Which circuit?

The newer N1 PCBs with included daughterboards, I believe it's the anode (long lead of LED) that should go in the square pad, the flat edge of the LED (with short leg) should go in the round hole.

I'd post a link but it's blocked on my work computer...

the Meridian compressor!

I got the LED turned around tonight and it works, thanks all

I still need to tweak the bias trimmer. I totally forgot I had just set it at noon. I'm not sure how to set it or what to listen for, given that compression is kind of a "subtle" effect (though this thing is not subtle at all)

I’m sure there has to be a reason, but I’ve never understood why on AionFX boards diodes like 1n4148 etc have cathode in square hole, but LED’s have anode in square hole and to top it off electrolytic caps have positive in square hole…. I may have them mixed up but that’s kinda my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back