Anyone have a couple Mach1 pcbs on hand?

swelchy

Looking to build out a couple Mach1’s for myself and a friend and looks like they are out of stock… I had already got my enclosure ready and artwork printed up.. Does anyone have a couple pcbs they could let go?

You can build a Mach 1 on the Southern Belle PCB.

The Southern Belle just has a few different components and it has hard clipping diodes. Leave the bat41 diodes off, change the drive pot to 500KA, the volume to 100KA, and R4 to 4k7, and you've got yourself a Mach 1.
And the TL072 to a OPA2134 I guess, but obviously you can use other dual op amps too and it works fine.

Thanks! Awesome forum member is send me a mach1…. But I ordered the southern belle to try as well and compare them after You guys suggested… interesting to see what a hard clipping section sounds like with it too

You can build a Mach 1 on the Southern Belle PCB.

The Southern Belle just has a few different components and it has hard clipping diodes. Leave the bat41 diodes off, change the drive pot to 500KA, the volume to 100KA, and R4 to 4k7, and you've got yourself a Mach 1.
lets say for giggles I wanted to build the southern belle but put the clipping diodes on a toggle? what would I use? DPDT On/Off/On? maybe give bat 41 on one side and led's on the other and center would be off? I have no idea how to wire that into the pcb.... maybe the same thing with the resistor change?

You could use a spdt on/off/on. You'd do something like

run wire from one of the holes from the bat41 goes in to the center lug of switch.
Wire a pair of opposing bat41s from one side of the switch to ground VREF.
Wire a pair of oppsoing leds from the other side of the switch to ground VREF.

(Revised: you don't need to go to ground, just to Vref. I added a crude drawing but didn't know how to erase the grounds so I just crossed them out)
SouthernBelle.jpg

Last edited:
Back