Awful Falafel. I just had to try the chicken and waffles even though it's a weird combination.

xefned

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Love it. Simple build. One very unique overdrive to add to the arsenal of recording options.

I never heard a YouTube video of the Hotcake that sounded good. But I built one anyway because I knew it was different and I had to hear it in person to make up my mind. It's way more interesting than I'd expect and I plan to try it all over my next recording.

IMG_5030.JPG

It's fizzy but never harsh like a DOD250. At some settings, it reminds me of a Rat with the drive down.

I lifted the zener high off the board to remind me to replace it with a proper 8.2v zener, in case that changes the tone. (Currently using a 9.1v zener.)

LMS Granny Smith Sparkle powder drop. Went with a simple inkjet sticker so I can build it and move onto the next build (without spending hours on a UV print design.) I'm trying to be more like Michael W. :)

I can confirm the rumors that the sustain is not great. I do not care. I already have fuzz and distortion boxes with mad sustain. So this is an alternate flavor for rhythm parts.

It gets very wooly with the drive knob cranked. But it's still a great sound.
Many folks on other forums are modding this for more treble: I say “don't bother;” love it for what it is. Don't try to make it your end-all, be-all distortion box. You'll have hours of fun jamming on this stock. No mods required.

View attachment 39192

Last edited:
Back