Back In Stock Updates

Have you ever considered rotating the single stomp 1590BB enclosure designs 90 degrees so they fit better on a board next to the 125 enclosures?
Not really. The main reason for 1590BB use is when there are two tubes, and two tubes mounted in a "portrait orientation" 1590BB take up a considerable amount of real estate and would make placement and routing difficult. Something like Lab Rat where it's still just a single tube might make more sense, but where I already have a handful of "landscape orientation" 1590BB designs I didn't want to have one oddball design that was the other way.

Not really. The main reason for 1590BB use is when there are two tubes, and two tubes mounted in a "portrait orientation" 1590BB take up a considerable amount of real estate and would make placement and routing difficult. Something like Lab Rat where it's still just a single tube might make more sense, but where I already have a handful of "landscape orientation" 1590BB designs I didn't want to have one oddball design that was the other way.
That's fair. Aesthetically and practically the portrait orientation is superior on the pedal board but I can see it causing issues for the design of the pedal. Shame it's not a convenient design layout for the dual tube pedals.

Thanks for the insight!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

All Sushi Box PCBs are being moved over to Conspiracy to Commit Electronics (@C2C Electronics) and will be available from Jeff's website instead of mine. I'm still going to continue to be involved, but I'm trying to be less in charge of the PCB side of things.

I'm still finishing up the build doc, but we have PCBs and enclosures in stock now for Supersonic.

EDIT: build doc has been uploaded, link is posted to product page.

Last edited:
it’s all good, i assume it’s probably out of your control.
i’m thinking maybe i’ll wait for the nobelium to become available (so maybe that’ll sting less)

but i don’t wanna miss out on the supersonic.

is the nobelium far off?
Not far off, everything is verified, just waiting for stock to come in. JLC is on holiday so I can't get more boards, and since my CNC can't mill the slot on the side I will have to keep Tayda enclosures on hand for those that don't want to order them themselves. Maybe a couple weeks.

Not far off, everything is verified, just waiting for stock to come in. JLC is on holiday so I can't get more boards, and since my CNC can't mill the slot on the side I will have to keep Tayda enclosures on hand for those that don't want to order them themselves. Maybe a couple weeks.
no worries.
just hoping i’ll be able to make an order for the supersonic and nobelium (w/ drilled enclosures) at the same time.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

All Sushi Box PCBs are being moved over to Conspiracy to Commit Electronics (@C2C Electronics) and will be available from Jeff's website instead of mine. I'm still going to continue to be involved, but I'm trying to be less in charge of the PCB side of things.

Nathan, is there a timeframe for when new boards are added to c2c…and is it possible for “retired” projects to be added? There’s some fine looking circuits that have been retired.

Nathan, is there a timeframe for when new boards are added to c2c…and is it possible for “retired” projects to be added? There’s some fine looking circuits that have been retired.
New projects get added to C2C when I get around to them, I'll freely admit it's something I do just because I enjoy it and I prioritize Sushi Box needs over C2C.

That being said I'm expecting to drop a new project in the next few days, layout has been verified and PCBs just cleared customs.

Any particular retired Sushi Box design you're looking at? I won't make a blanket statement that every retired Sushi Box design will end up as a C2C project, but obviously a couple already have.

Nice on the new drop coming! I’ll have to look the the archive and figure out which one. There’s so many I’d love to have. Simpler the better though.

I still haven’t decided for sure what my pick would be. I have to do more reading but the deep dish is definitely up there.

Back