Back In Stock Updates

Regarding the Black Eye - I noticed in the Space Heater thread you mentioned increasing the coupling and cathode bypass caps to let through more low end (of course). Is this all you'd recommend if one wanted to make a Black Eye build bass-friendly, or is there something else? Also, what's the latest on the squealing/buffer situation?

Last edited:
Regarding the Black Eye - I noticed in the Space Heater thread you mentioned increasing the coupling and cathode bypass caps to let through more low end (of course). Is this all you'd recommend if one wanted to make a Black Eye build bass-friendly, or is there something else? Also, what's the latest on the squealing/buffer situation?
Frankly the coupling caps on Black Eye are probably still fine for bass, 22nF will let anything above sub frequencies through without noticeable attenuation. The only mod you would really need for bass would be to up the cathode bypass caps (both currently 1uF) to 47uF or so.

The latest version of the buffer boards are finally a viable working option so I've sent out a dozen or so. I kept a list previously of everyone who ordered the older version of Black Eye as well as everyone that contacted me asking for the buffer board previously, but the computer the list was stored on died a couple weeks ago (long story). The hard drive made it out unscathed though, and it's been on my to-do list to poke around and see if I can find the list and get the new buffers out to those people. I hope to be able to find time for that in the next day or so.

Frankly the coupling caps on Black Eye are probably still fine for bass, 22nF will let anything above sub frequencies through without noticeable attenuation. The only mod you would really need for bass would be to up the cathode bypass caps (both currently 1uF) to 47uF or so.

The latest version of the buffer boards are finally a viable working option so I've sent out a dozen or so. I kept a list previously of everyone who ordered the older version of Black Eye as well as everyone that contacted me asking for the buffer board previously, but the computer the list was stored on died a couple weeks ago (long story). The hard drive made it out unscathed though, and it's been on my to-do list to poke around and see if I can find the list and get the new buffers out to those people. I hope to be able to find time for that in the next day or so.
Cool, thanks a lot. I am very tempted to go for the grand slam here and pick up a board and box...

Should I assume that similar modifications are suggested for the particle accelerator if I'm planning to use it for mostly bass?

I got home from NAMM on saturday afternoon and now I'm finally awake enough to get back to working on things, so I'm catching up on PCB orders.

I just shipped half the orders that came in, and I'm in the process of milling enclosures for the rest, so if you ordered a PCB from me in the last few days you should see a shipping notice in the next few hours (if you haven't already).

Also if anyone was waiting for the HV daughter board to be back in stock, I have 200 available now.

How was your NAMM trip? Did you generate some interest in your new pedal?
Excellent and yup :) I met a number of people, both players and industry pros, that were very interested. I didn't have a booth so it wasn't as easy to have people demo it, but I was able to bring it to a G&L party the night before NAMM started and have some professional players try it out, it went well 🎸

Black Eye PCBs were getting low but have been replenished, and I also got in the new Lab Rat PCBs which I will make available as soon as I finish the build doc.

I also have the revised Ambassador PCBs in now, but I want to build one up just to be on the safe side before making them available.

Back