Binaura Stereo FV-1 Platform parts list?

There are a few changes I might make before releasing it into the wild, but it's fully functional and good to go.

I can't recall if these were ever posted or not, but here's a few clips from the prototype... no phenomenal playing here, just quick audio tests.

One thing I did differently in my prototype is install individual pots instead of dual-gang pots for the Mix and Level controls so I could adjust each side independently. It does complicate the control set a little, but it's especially useful for effects like the Unison where you might want to affect one side more than the other, or compensate for different signal paths.
You got any schematic info handy on off board wiring? That would be awesome if you did. That would really expedite that footswitch and the I/Os

Okay, so I popped my board the other day and realised I don't have the crystal lettuce AB38T; I have a few other FV-1 builds that will need it as well and as I was counting them up realised I may have one with my Mimir's Well basic kit. Which led me to think, I might order the EEPROM from MAS, just to get this thing going and test it out.

MAS effects has 2 stereo algorithms, (I was surprised and disappointed they didn’t have more) I’m sure there are a few floating around on git hub.
MAS does have more, check this link: https://mstratman.github.io/fv1-programs/ .

Here's what's available:

BINAURA STEREO PATCHES
11 Total!
CHOOSE 8 —

8 RMS LIMITER Approx 10db limiting range, stereo I/O, common control (to maintain image) by Spin Semi
- Stereo Echo Reverb by Spin Semi
7 Stereo Pitch Transposer w/ Feedback and Delay from MuffWiggler
6 Ping Pong: Stereo with Dual Taps: Simple stereo ping pong delay with adjustable feedback & damping by Graham Biswell
- Ping Pong: Simple Stereo: Simple stereo ping pong delay with adjustable feedback & lpf damping by Graham Biswell
- Triple Tap Cascaded Delay: by Graham Biswell
5 Triple Tap Cascaded Delay w/ Chorus : by Graham Biswell
4 Freeverb :a stereo reverb unit based on Jezar's public domain C++ sources, composed of eight parallel comb filters on both channels, followed by four allpass units in series. The filters on the right channel are slightly detuned compared to the left channel in order to create a stereo effect. by BasilRush
- Pitch Transposer by Exertion Music
3 Stereo Tremolo: by Digital Larry
2 Stereo Ring Modulators w Chorus: by Digital Larry
1 Stereo Dual Flange Multi Tap Delay: by Digital Larry

What do you think of those choices?
What would you choose and why? ...

Questions, Sebastion:
- Are the spin semi patches “built in” to the FV-1 like the mono ones, therefore don't need to occupy space on the EEPROM?
- Thoughts on the RMS Limiter? I'm liking the idea, utility and all, but how likely am I really going to need this?

Okay, so I popped my board the other day and realised I don't have the crystal lettuce AB38T; I have a few other FV-1 builds that will need it as well and as I was counting them up realised I may have one with my Mimir's Well basic kit. Which led me to think, I might order the EEPROM from MAS, just to get this thing going and test it out.

MAS does have more, check this link: https://mstratman.github.io/fv1-programs/ .

Here's what's available:

BINAURA STEREO PATCHES
11 Total!
CHOOSE 8 —

8 RMS LIMITER Approx 10db limiting range, stereo I/O, common control (to maintain image) by Spin Semi
- Stereo Echo Reverb by Spin Semi
7 Stereo Pitch Transposer w/ Feedback and Delay from MuffWiggler
6 Ping Pong: Stereo with Dual Taps: Simple stereo ping pong delay with adjustable feedback & damping by Graham Biswell
- Ping Pong: Simple Stereo: Simple stereo ping pong delay with adjustable feedback & lpf damping by Graham Biswell
- Triple Tap Cascaded Delay: by Graham Biswell
5 Triple Tap Cascaded Delay w/ Chorus : by Graham Biswell
4 Freeverb :a stereo reverb unit based on Jezar's public domain C++ sources, composed of eight parallel comb filters on both channels, followed by four allpass units in series. The filters on the right channel are slightly detuned compared to the left channel in order to create a stereo effect. by BasilRush
- Pitch Transposer by Exertion Music
3 Stereo Tremolo: by Digital Larry
2 Stereo Ring Modulators w Chorus: by Digital Larry
1 Stereo Dual Flange Multi Tap Delay: by Digital Larry

What do you think of those choices?
What would you choose and why? ...

Questions, Sebastion:
- Are the spin semi patches “built in” to the FV-1 like the mono ones, therefore don't need to occupy space on the EEPROM?
- Thoughts on the RMS Limiter? I'm liking the idea, utility and all, but how likely am I really going to need this?
So you can up load algos to have them burn to an EEPROM?

Ok, I have written a program to donate to the binaura effort. This one is called "Arlington Chamber" . It's a very smooth, wide stereo reverb, which melds nicely with the dry tone. I think it will work well for guitar.

It allows adjustment of 1. reverb time, 2. reverb density, 3. reverb size. So it's pretty flexible in terms of making either a small intimate space to warm things up, or a big washy spacious sound.

Feel free to use it.

Nah, of course you can do it.

Start with SpinCAD.

The biggest obstacle in this case will be squeezing two channels of processing into the available resources of the FV-1, but otherwise SpinCAD makes it pretty easy to dive in.
Thanks for the vote of confidence boss

If we’re on the waitlist for the Binaura might we get notified that the PCBs are available, or should we keep our eyes on this thread? Don’t want to miss this batch!

Thanks!

Just ordered mine (plus an EEPROM from MAS Effects with stereo patches) -- can't wait! Are there any other wacky parts I should be aware of?

Back