Death Cap Fuzz Kit questions

Ferguson1000

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Death Cap Fuzz Kit by PedalPCB and I‘m having some questions after receiving and checking the parts.
  1. in which of the LED sockets of the board does the LED actually go? In the build docs there are two LED, on the board itself there‘s a circle with A on minus und K on plus. I‘m a bit confused. Does this mean I could use an additional LED? Since all parts are here according to the build doc, what goes into this left over spot?
  2. I purchased it via Musikding in Europe. For C2, C3, C4 and C7 they sent me electrolytic capacitors instead of the box caps. In which direction should I solder in the electrolytic capacitors? Would it even work with these?

Thank you so much, I hope you can help me out!

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Death Cap Fuzz Kit by PedalPCB and I‘m having some questions after receiving and checking the parts.
  1. in which of the LED sockets of the board does the LED actually go? In the build docs there are two LED, on the board itself there‘s a circle with A on minus und K on plus. I‘m a bit confused. Does this mean I could use an additional LED? Since all parts are here according to the build doc, what goes into this left over spot?
  2. I purchased it via Musikding in Europe. For C2, C3, C4 and C7 they sent me electrolytic capacitors instead of the box caps. In which direction should I solder in the electrolytic capacitors? Would it even work with these?

Thank you so much, I hope you can help me out!

The top LED is for clipping and the bottom is the bypass LED. You want to use 1uf film caps here, you could possibly use electrolytic but film is what you want. I would notify Musikding about the issue and hopefully they will send you the right components and note the mishap so that it doesn't happen to other buyers in the future.

Back