Double Tap Fuzz (holy crap!)

Kroars

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
First of all, this is just amazing. Fell in love with this fuzz mere moments after first activating the pedal. Then I hit the second footswitch…. I’m done folks. I’m not a fuzz aficionado by any means, but this is probably my favorite so far (I keep saying that, but it’s true, I swear!). Not sure I’ll build the single footswitch version, because I love both options. Ah hell, who am I kidding, I’ll end up building that too.

Anyway, built as per docs. Found a few 2n1302’s, although they’re certainly not needed -except mojo. Seems to be very forgiving as far as hfe is concerned. Tried a handful between mid 40’s and 90 hfe, biased to 4.5v. Probably could go even wider, not much of a difference, if any at all. Had a bunch of MP38’s, tried a few of those and honestly, I think it sounds tad better with those. All transistors auditioned had low leakage and between the aforementioned hfe and they all sound great, with hfe in the mid/high 60’s being my favorite -again, by a slim margin.

Many thanks to GBE and PedalPCB for this guy! I’m really loving this.

Attachments

• DAF2EF04-9A82-47E3-9981-057EC91240B0.jpeg
    DAF2EF04-9A82-47E3-9981-057EC91240B0.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 9AFA0835-773A-45D1-A691-3A18B2878D55.jpeg
    9AFA0835-773A-45D1-A691-3A18B2878D55.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 53
I just finished building this myself. It’s a great circuit isn’t it? Definitely one of the better fuzzes out there IMO. Great build!

I just finished building this myself. It’s a great circuit isn’t it? Definitely one of the better fuzzes out there IMO. Great build!
Yeah, just checked yours out, looks fantastic and I love the enclosure you have for it! Do they have those at smallbear or something? Yeah man, I really like this one. Cleans up wonderfully too.

Yeah, just checked yours out, looks fantastic and I love the enclosure you have for it! Do they have those at smallbear or something? Yeah man, I really like this one. Cleans up wonderfully too.
Thank you! I actually made the enclosure! I ended up going with a GE tranny with an hfe of 44. It sounds fantastic, encourage more people to build it!

Back