El Sol Distortion No Sound - Audio probed

FloydianPulse

Hi all,

I built the El Sol and squeezed it down to a 1590A and the LED works great but no sound is coming out of the pedal when activated. Bypass works fine. I used an audio probe and found the following: Any ideas where I should go next?

While activated, the red circles have no sound, and circled points added to the circuit diagram.

Thanks for the help!

edit: primary concerns are if all 3 potentiometer points should have audio? Why would I have audio at center pot connection but not on output?

Flpul-ElSol.JPG

Flpul-ElSol2.JPG Flpul-ElSol3.JPG
ElSolPCB.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, that did the trick, guess I should have been able to figure that one out on my own. Shame to have the cable but works perfect now. Thanks!! Confirmed, can build her into a 1590A, not super easily but she fits!

0BA9B175-CB3F-446B-99DC-4AB2D12BA1E1.jpeg

Yeah, that did the trick, guess I should have been able to figure that one out on my own. Shame to have the cable but works perfect now. Thanks!! Confirmed, can build her into a 1590A, not super easily but she fits!

View attachment 10887
I have to ask, did you file the sides of the PCB to make it Fit, If so you probably damage the Trace from Pot leg 2 to OUT Pad,
This has been successfully built by other Members.

I have to ask, did you file the sides of the PCB to make it Fit, If so you probably damage the Trace from Pot leg 2 to OUT Pad,
This has been successfully built by other Members.
No, pcb is stock, I didn’t file anything since it fits as is. I have another pcb, might see if those traces are continuous on that one before I populate it.

Back