Electrovibe

I got all chicken-s**t at the end and put the LDR's at about bulb height and slightly angled in. I really didn't want to socket them and there's a ton of usable range on the depth knob. I have it at about 50% and it's what I'd consider normal so lots of room for uber wobble or really subtle. I think the original was about 3/4 up.

My switch doesn't look as nice as the PedalPCB version (the painted part) but will touch it up tomorrow.

Don't beat yourself up, mine probably doesn't look as nice in person as it might in the photo. Hell mine was the wrong switch (momentary, doh) but I decided to paint it anyway as a test run. :ROFLMAO:

You'll be the first one to use the NKK switch in a completed build.

On that note, does anyone ever actually use a Univibe in the "vibrato" mode?

Truth be told you could realistically leave out the switch altogether and just wire for chorus, which is a misnomer in itself.

Don't beat yourself up, mine probably doesn't look as nice in person as it might in the photo. Hell mine was the wrong switch (momentary, doh) but I decided to paint it anyway as a test run. :ROFLMAO:

You'll be the first one to use the NKK switch in a completed build.

On that note, does anyone ever actually use a Univibe in the "vibrato" mode?

No, why use that vibrato sound when the cjorus sound is that good. I got mine boxed up and it sounds and looks great, the faceplate is really killer

Here's how it wrapped up. I couldn't get the LEDs flush so I'll revisit those when I get some more Red 5mm. You can see the angled LDRs in the second photo. And the third is my little buddy reminding me that it's ok to lighten up and play from time to time.

I'll fiddle with light shields but to be honest I don't think it really needs one once you get it all together. I doubt that unless you're using super brights on the front panel that the ambient within the chassis will goof it up.

Attachments

• EV05.jpg
    EV05.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 247
  • EV06.jpg
    EV06.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 254
  • EV09.jpg
    EV09.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 244
any chance there is a the parts list for this floating around? I saw the drill template and comments about what light and ldr to use

Great build! I noticed you didn’t socket all the 5088s. Do these transistors need to be checked for certain characteristics or can we just grab a bunch and solder them all in? I need to get a component tester I’m not the biggest fan of using sockets.

I just let fly. The only thing I matched is the manufacturer. I really should use sockets but unless it's going to be critical I get too lazy. Maybe the next time around I'll match them and see if it makes a difference.

I just let fly. The only thing I matched is the manufacturer. I really should use sockets but unless it's going to be critical I get too lazy. Maybe the next time around I'll match them and see if it makes a difference.

Same for me, just gain buckets

Back