ElectroVilbe Bulb & LDR Polarity?

joelorigo

I am building the ElectroVibe. Is there any polarity to the lamp and the LDRs? It isn't apparent on the parts I have. But on the printing on the PCB there is a line on the lamp area.

Thank you!

What about the orientation of the LDRs? I’ve seen photos of them tilted to be parallel with the side of the bulb, and other that were facing upwards?

Thank you!

What about the orientation of the LDRs? I’ve seen photos of them tilted to be parallel with the side of the bulb, and other that were facing upwards?
your choice. both methods work. the important thing is to make sure the LDRs are isolated from other light sources.

Yeah, I saw that some people have encased the LDRs and lamp in a DIY box/cylinder, but also comments saying it's not necessary with a normal build. Would light from the LEDs be problem? It doesn't seem like it would, I will be using bezels.

You can always put a bit of dark card stock inside the pedal over the LDRS to block ambient light from the on/off LED if anything is coming in. Some pedals like the duophase don't even put anything between the different LEDs in the LDR groups. I have seen some suggestions that the randomness of any light pollution there may be a plus instead of a minus. Overall, I think the LDRs in these pedals are very sensitive to low light levels and it is not unusual for the trim pots to be dialed in to create a pretty dim range for the LEDs.

Back