Enhanced build docs

MaxDB54

I have an idea to make an already great build doc even better! Would it be possible to include a color photo or drawing that actually showed the resistor color codes in their correct locations?

This would be a handy final inspection drawing or photo to match the assembled PCB against.

I know most of my resistor color codes but I'm visually oriented and that would be a nice final QC document.

Of course the capacitors would not be included but resistors usually make up the majority of the components.

Something to think about. I love PedalPCB and want to try to help make it better. To me that would be a great last visual inspection before powering on the circuit.

BTW...I have only reviewed a few build docs so if this is already included on newer builds cool!

What do you guys think?

MaxDB

Not sure what build reports you're referring to? The black and white PDF's?

Anyway can you link me to a copy of the arachnid PCB with the resistor color codes shown so I can use them as a reference?

Thx!

I really think that should be up to you. It’s not a bad idea in theory but in practice I do believe this site is run by one man and that is a heck of a lot to ask when you could look that up yourself and learn from your findings.

The build reports is a sub forum of completed builds you can definitely search and peruse through on your own. Match up successful builds to yours.

At the bottom of the page is a section called build reports that shows other users completed builds. You can also use the search function with the magnifying glass at the top of the page to search the forum for your desired build. Best of luck!

LOL sorry I did not realize that this was a "one man operation !" A website can make anyone look like a bigger Company then it really is.
I'm not looking for extra things to do either but thought my idea was simple enough to implement.
Anyway...I can look up my own values and will still have fun building my projects. I will check the build report section.

Thanks for the link!
Great site and helpful people.
Thx!

Back