Fancy Solder Sucker

The Engineer SS-2 seems to be in the range of 40€ here, but I wonder if I could just get a piece of the silicon tubing and stick it to the end of my current cheapo basic solder sucker...

The Engineer SS-2 seems to be in the range of 40€ here, but I wonder if I could just get a piece of the silicon tubing and stick it to the end of my current cheapo basic solder sucker...
In reading about solder suckers yesterday I certainly saw people doing that with the big blue and yellow one. If it's snug I have to imagine it works, but jeez is that thing huge (and kinda janky). It supposedly has more suction due to its size, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little of that to have something more manageable to work with. Can't wait for my Engineer! Not coming till Jan 3-5... :cautious:

Just ordered mine.. was supposed to be here tomorrow/next day but then got an update that it will be next week.. thanks Amazon.
It was either “pay $24, get it Saturday” or “pay $17, get it next week”. Different vendors, but both “shipped from Amazon”. :rolleyes:

Followed your link. It's the same one I bought. But it's significantly cheaper now! I'd go for it.

View attachment 64258

I just measured the bonus tube. In my mind, it was 6", but when I measured it, it was actually 2".
I had that same issue with my penis once.

View attachment 64260

We should do a group buy on the 16 foot hose that Barry linked to. We can pass around chunks in the next PIF box.
Wow you labeled it and stuck it in a bag.

I myself just threw it in a bin so I can look for it for 45 minutes when I need it, give up and order more.

Wow you labeled it and stuck it in a bag.

I myself just threw it in a bin so I can look for it for 45 minutes when I need it, give up and order more.

I still spent 15 minutes remembering which box I put it in. :p

(It was the box labeled "desoldering.")

Back