Fancy Solder Sucker

I have always used the braid which is kind of a pain. With this you just heat up a pool of solder and then put that in there and suck it out? This might be a good stocking stuffer for my family to get me plus I'm a sucker for made in Japan stuff.

I had one of the "knock-offs" and while it worked just as good while it lasted, it didn't last as long as my Engineer SS-02.

Mine was the "FrogBro", not the Vampire, but I suspect they're about the same.

The Engineer is actually cheaper than the Vampire right now.

Regardless, these are far better than the old blue Soldapullt solder suckers.

I got one of those to use when the one I've had for 30 years gives up the ghost. I still have another tip for my current solder sucker. When that's depleted, I'll open up the Vampire Solder Sucker I have in my drawer.

SolderSucker.jpg

I had one of the "knock-offs" and while it worked just as good while it lasted, it didn't last as long as my Engineer SS-02.

Mine was the "FrogBro", not the Vampire, but I suspect they're about the same.

The Engineer is actually cheaper than the Vampire right now.

Regardless, these are far better than the old blue Soldapullt solder suckers.
Just ordered the Engineer. (y)

I used the Engineer until it was absolutely worn out. Definitely got my moneys worth out of that one.

The FrogBro looked identical but you could feel that the construction was slightly different. The plunger moved smoother than the Engineer but it was much lighter overall.

I only used it a handful of times and solder adhered to the inside of the nozzle. It wasn't coming out, so in a fit of rage I threw them both in the trash. Guilt by association.

This thread just reminded me I need to order a new one.

You can find the same knock off ones for ~$7 on AliExpress for what it's worth. No complaints with mine. The silicone tubing definitely makes it easier to use.

The Engineer is the best. I do have a couple different knock offs but they're nowhere near as smooth or powerful

Back