How do you install your footswitches ? What to do with the various rings ?

@eh là bas ma I was with you at first with the white washers -- I believe they are getting a bad rap, but you have now insulted my little chrome LED bezels, and I can't sit idly by and let you disparage the these tiny pieces of chrome. They have done you no harm, but they bring joy to the multitudes of pedal builders that enjoy seeing their reflections in their creations. Please allow us, the few who enjoy the satisfaction of brilliance, to shine in our little boxes of sound to ring out loudly to the masses with a bit of sonic pleasure that can only be enjoyed by the brave among us.

you have now insulted my little chrome LED bezels
I don't think i did. I merely said that their accumulated properties aren't useful neither to the circuit nor to any part's longevity.

Maybe you are right "the shinier the better", i just asked for some exemples to support this theory.
I was with you at first with the white washers
You've been caught in a blatant lie earlier, we all know who sent you to sabotage the Plastic Ring cause. No need to keep playing the act now.
I almost got them cornered with the plastic led mounting clip strategy, but you made everything fall apart.

Would you be so kind to give a link to one of your build reports please ? In order to appreciate your work, and see with our own eyes if your opinion is based on solid scientific evidence ?
I'd be happy to, but I'm embarrassed by my pedal design, but if you must, here is my latest... As you can see, all of my pedals have your precious white washers. please @KR Sound don't block me for that. Some have red LEDs some, some have blue, some have yellow, but they all have chrome LED bezels.

Attachments

• pedals.png
    pedals.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 25
I'd be happy to, but I'm embarrassed by my pedal design, but if you must, here is my latest... As you can see, all of my pedals have your precious white washers. please @KR Sound don't block me for that. Some have red LEDs some, some have blue, some have yellow, but they all have chrome LED bezels.
BTW, Friends of Pluto is the name of my band... I give most of these pedals away to my band mates.

all of my pedals have (...) white washers
Interesting and good looking artworks.

Although, these builds don't bring out their plastic washers at all. Even worse, your designs seem to try to hide them with all the white paint coating. Wouldn't we see them better if these enclosures were black ? Clearly, you never intended to include them when you chose these colors and shapes.

I do believe WW can be set on the outside, but they have to be taken into consideration in the whole design. Otherwise, it will only create more scepticism about them.

Last edited:
Interesting and good looking artworks.

Although these builds don't bring out their plastic washers at all. Even worse, your designs seem to try to hide them with all the white paint coating. Wouldn't we see them better if these enclosures were black ? Clearly you never intended to include them when you chose these colors and shapes.

I do believe WW can be set on the outside, but they have to be taken into consideration in the whole design. Otherwise, it will only create more scepticism about them.
Dude, I thought you would be proud that I didn't hide the white washer -- I thought you's have my back on this one. I put myself out to the world with your precious white washer and you just stabbed me in the bask. I guess from now on, I'll one use the chrome washers with my chrome LED bezels.

Here is an humble exemple (PPCB Low Tide on the right) where i think the build's aesthetic balance would crumble, if we would decide to remove the plastic washer located on the outside :

Please notice the elegant discretion of these plastic led mounting clips on both enclosures. They are meant as a symbol of both strength and harmony in these two artwork designs.

Last edited:
Here is an humble exemple (on the right) where i think the build's aesthetic balance would crumble, if we would decide to remove the plastic washer located on the outside :

Please notice the elegant discretion of these plastic led mounting clips on both enclosures. They are meant as a symbol of both strength and harmony in these two artwork designs.
These are both beautiful, but I must repeat that all of my pedals prominently feature the white washer -- yours do not. And despite your use (or lack thereof) of a chrome LED bezel, your pedals are beautiful. However both could be enhanced by a chrome ring of fire that could take them to the next level.

Although, these builds don't bring out their plastic washers at all. Even worse, your designs seem to try to hide them with all the white paint coating.
Look at the Friends of Pluto logo -- you said it yourself that the shape of the sun and the moon (and by extension the planets - regardless of whether to not you think Pluto is a planet) were in the shape of the white washer. I mean, it you ever had a champion for your cause -- I'd be your guy. But instead you look at me as your enemy because It told a little white lie so as not to hurt your feelings about my desire for the the chrome LED bezel - well for that I am trully sorry.

pedals.png
Here the plastic washer is obviously "eating" some of the artwork.

Either these plastic rings have been hastily installed on these builds by a plastic-washerophobic acting under false flag, or the whole artwork didn't include them correctly.

View attachment 63144
Here the plastic washer is obviously "eating" some of the artwork.

Either these plastic rings have been hastily installed on these builds by a plastic-washerophobic acting under false flag, or the whole artwork didn't include them correctly.
Ok, now your'e being critical of my designs or you didn't understand what I meant when I said I was embarrassed by my artwork. I know these suck. I've been doing the best I can do. I'm ashamed now.

Back
Top Bottom