How do you install your footswitches ? What to do with the various rings ?

Still waiting...
I enjoy debating, it would be so easy to close this conversation with dozens of overwhelming exemples... I already found them, i have the ultimate weapons to end this war, on my desktop, ready to be uploaded. Nothing can stop it.

Amazing builds, i can't believe my eyes. In each of them there is a beautiful white washer on the outside, and the build would be obviously uncomplete without it.

Didn't have to look very far, i already noticed some talented forum members since 2020, a quick search in the build report section, with their name as filter, and here we are : total victory, checkmate.

I feel for the plastic washerophobics, i don't want to destroy their world so quickly. I'd rather win slowly and enjoy their empty provocations.

I play Tekken 7 online these days. When i just have to give a little push to the opponent to end the game, i like to dance around, play tricks, enjoy the moment, give them a bit of hope, make it last a bit... and do something beautiful to end their torments.

I guess that's what a real samurai would do ?

Last edited:
I enjoy debating, it would be so easy to close this conversation with dozens of overwhelming exemples... I already found them, i have the ultimate weapons to end this war, on my desktop, ready to be uploaded. Nothing can stop it.

Amazing builds, i can't believe my eyes. In each of them there is a beautiful white washer on the outside, and the build would be obviously uncomplete without it.

Didn't have to look very far, i already noticed some talented forum members since 2020, a quick search in the build report section, with their name as filter, and here we are : total victory, checkmate.

I feel for the plastic washerophobics, i don't want to destroy their world so quickly. I'd rather win slowly and enjoy their empty provocations.

I play Tekken 7 online these days. When i just have to give a little push to the opponent to end the game, i like to dance around, play tricks, enjoy the moment, give them a bit of hope, make it last a bit... and do something beautiful to end their torments.

I guess that's what a real samurai would do ?
I understand your desire to win slowly by chipping away at the facade. It makes victory that much sweeter. I also understand the the banter is part of the game. It's like claiming the victory of the lover that you pursued for many months. The chase is the best part of the battle, and nothing gained quickly tastes quite as sweet.

I get that you have a desire to slowly erode the fallacy that you believe to be the legacy of the white washer. But... you brought the chrome bezel into this debate. I can not stand idly by and let you bring these precious pieces of chrome into your battle. I must defend these little reflective pieces of metal because they cannot defend themselves.

I know I am not alone in this quest -- many among us have also shared in their glory. If we all think back to our first, virgin build, there isn't one among us who can say that their heart didn't skip a beat the first time the little (usually red) LED flickered to life, and none of us have been the same since. And just like that lover that we have pursued for many months or years -- sometime you have to put a ring on it. And that ring must be a chrome bezel.

Last edited:
And that ring must be a chrome bezel.
Intuition tells me that the despite for the white washer is cut from the same cloth as the despite for the plastic led mounting clip.

I can almost smell it from a mile away.

The need for chrome metal bezels can be compared to the need for big cars, big houses, shiny things, expensive things, etc.

Honestly, all i can see is the lack of self confidence here. You may as well wear a big sign with "i need your approval" written on it. That's human, no judgments here, just pure observation.

Be that as it may, the chrome bezel user wants so desperately his build to be so beautiful, that he goes too far, does too much, and everything is ruined.
Like a birthday cake so full of sugar that the whole family is throwing up in the bathroom after one bite.

Am i wrong ?

Last edited:
You may as well wear a big sign with "i need your approval" written on it. That's human, no judgments here, just pure observation.
No, you have misjudged me once again.... I don't need your approval - nor do I lack self confidence. I simply believe that you are misguided in your love for all things plastic. Certainly plastic has it's place in the pedal building world, but let me ask you something...

Do you use plastic enclosures? ... No
Are resistors made of plastic? ... No
Do you solder with plastic? ... No
Does your wife have a plastic washer as a wedding ring? ... IDK

You need to free yourself from the chrome bezel's heavy chains.

Walk toward the path lit by thousands of 5mm red leds perfectly set in their black plastic bezels.

It's not about plastic, it's about humility, sobriety, harmony, inner strength and amazing stompboxes.

Do i have to quote the Holy Diode Scriptures again ?

that path would would be much more attractive
Here we are. Why should it be attractive ? Is it about seduction ?

Does a painter, a sculter, a writer needs to do something attractive ?

Are we selling shoes to teenagers here ? Are we selling some car to some rich idiot ?

Or are we expressing ourselves ? Why would i want want to seduce anyone ? Why would i want my stompbox to be attractive ?

I'd rather give it a soul.

Isn't everything about seduction? Everything funnels to your wallet or crotch
Everything is about knowledge, including white washers, sex, money, seduction and led's plastic mounting clips. Knowledge is about learning to recognize and tell apart the causes and the consequencies. Quite simple at first glance, but some causes are so distant from us that it gets near impossible to grasp them.

Isn't it obvious that we can devote ourselves to other things than sex and money ? Depends only on your social environment. Your statement is just a mere perception, oversimplified with mere words. Words are signs, nothing less, nothing more. You can't expect the world to fit in there...besides plastic washers of course.

We might all feel like our reality is the only one, but sociology taught us long ago that it's entirely built by our social bonds, our affects and the spring tension in our 3PDT.
Free will works on individual scale, once we look at the big picture, at all the statistics, free will suddenly doesn't look neither real nor free.

In nations based on protestant values, Max Weber has shown that there has been a big change about the relationship with money. It happened a bit less than 500 years ago.
At first it had some sense : The Church was too powerful, they took all the resources, all the land, all the gold. The rest of the society was slowed down.
It had to change, but with time, it went a bit too far. The new interpretations of the bible led to unseen and unpredictable consequencies.
In simple words, if you have money it means that God loves you, no need to worry about your seat in heaven. And now capitalism can thrive. You can forget about "the first will be the last" and all that...

Now you can leave people behind because they don't have enough money to live. God doesn't love them, there must be a reason, so why would you help ? Isn't it the rule in the U.S ? Seduce, pay or die the hard way ?
Not sure that's what Calvin, Luther and their friends had in mind...

I guess that's why you think the way you think, same goes for me in my nation based on catholic values, which also has its own set of ugly consequencies.

Your bond with chrome bezels is a consequence. You need to identify all the causes. This bond has already also become itself a cause with various unfortunate consequencies, just like this 1590A build.

Last edited:
"The views expressed in this post are mine and do not represent PPCB or any of its members. None of the comments made were intended to hurt any feelings or offend anyone, I apologize in advance for the hatred that is imminent"

Some forum members are getting fully equiped and ready to have a colourful in-depth debate about how we install our footswitches.
@Guardians of the analog , your commitment to this community is both remarkable and admirable, i can't wait to read your input on this matter.
Sans titre.jpg

Last edited:
"The views expressed in this post are mine and do not represent PPCB or any of its members. None of the comments made were intended to hurt any feelings or offend anyone, I apologize in advance for the hatred that is imminent"

Some forum members are getting fully equiped and ready to have a colourful in-depth debate about how we install our footswitches.
@Guardians of the analog , your commitment to this community is both remarkable and admirable, i can't wait to read your input on this matter.
View attachment 63297

You do NOT want to open that Pandora’s Box…😂

Let’s set the record straight.

If you are purchasing 3PDT switches that even include a white washer, you need to check yourself.

Suitable stomp switches are sold with 2 nuts, lock washer, and discrete metal washer for the topside.

My thought is this: If the switches a company sells take SO MUCH force to stomp that they need to include an ugly, shock absorbing bandaid to preserve switch life, you need to move on.

And I say with zero humor, joking delivery, etc.

That’s real talk. We’ve had enough irony and sarcasm in this thread.

View attachment 63297
I'm not going to read into this, I already know you don't like me and that's fine. Feel free to hit the ignore member button at any time. I hope you all have a meaningful debate in footswitch thread, unlike IAIGF... IDGAF 🤷

Back