Hydra delay not working

gek

Hi everybody.

I have no delay whenever I activate the pedal or not.

Tried to connect to ground the right side of R5 (the side that is connected to the FV1): no change. Do I have to keep the connection or only touch the right side of R5 and the ground with a wire?
I soldered by myself the FV1, but I checked the connections to the board and everything is ok. Someone can explain me how to check If I burnt the FV1?
Tried to move potentiometers and switch: Volume and Mix only modify the volume of the clean signal. The others switches and potentiometers don't do anything.

Thanks

Hi.

Thanks
FV1 soldering doesn’t look horrible, but you may want to go over it again. The top right leg looks a bit lifted from the pad, even though there is solder there. Do you have a flux pen? You don’t need to use additional flux when soldering smd, but it’s an absolute game changer and all but ensures the solder goes exactly where it should and make solid connections.

Just in case:
Chip Quik CQ4LF Liquid Flux No-Clean in 10ml (0.34oz) Pen w/tip https://a.co/d/42PUFCF

Hi.
I re-checked the top right pin of the FV1: as I did to all the pins, with a tester I touched the pin of the FV1 and the side of each capacitor/resistor to check connection.
The potentiometers have sticked a rubber disk to avoid shortcutting.
I also checked the foot switch and it's connections to the board.
I bought the complete kit in musikding: I'm wondering if the eeprom is programmed and is the correct one (24LC64).

Thanks for helping....

Update:
I left the pedal to an electronic repair center and they checked and fixed some cold welding. Now it's working but not correctly, however I grounded the right side of R5 and now I have a chorus sound.
Any suggestions?
🙏

Shorting that 10k to ground disengages the EEPROM and activates the internal FV-1 effects. If you resolder that 10k into the pad so that it’s engaged with pin 13 and not ground then you should have a working delay effect.

Shorting that 10k to ground disengages the EEPROM and activates the internal FV-1 effects. If you resolder that 10k into the pad so that it’s engaged with pin 13 and not ground then you should have a working delay effect.
I resoldered R5 but it's not working correctly.

Back