Kliche Mini SE

finebyfine

One of the most fun PPCB builds I've done to date. Glad I pulled the trigger on this and did it up right even though I'm not the biggest Klon fan. Enclosure and knobs from Tayda. I tried a few silicon diodes but settled on matched 1n34as. One diode that I wish I had tried before hot gluing the sockets is UF204, which has a very similar I/V curve to 1N34As but shifted up ~200mv (I recently graphed a handful of DCA75 clipping diode data). Either way, fun fun build!

P1010774-2.jpg

P1010778-2.jpg

Looks great!

Hot glue is nice touch. I started out on team-sockets, but I had one get loose recently and now I’m not quite sure where I stand. I’ve done the sockets-and-solder thing, but that usually involves some melted plastic and doesn’t look great. Maybe I’ll experiment with some glue.

Looks great!

Hot glue is nice touch. I started out on team-sockets, but I had one get loose recently and now I’m not quite sure where I stand. I’ve done the sockets-and-solder thing, but that usually involves some melted plastic and doesn’t look great. Maybe I’ll experiment with some glue.

Thank you!

Of course every diode I tried felt sturdy in the sockets until the ones that I liked best! I’ve also done the sockets and solder thing but didn’t trust myself the other day.

My one worry with hot glue was that it would drip into the socket and insulate it enough to prevent a solid connection so I tried to avoid that.

In retrospect I’m remembering that I’ve heard of people lightly tinning diode leads so that they seat a little tighter.

Devil’s in the details, ain’t it?

I really really want one now.....I have an unbuilt regular sized klon here but i really want this version..

I have to admit theres something special to this layout too....Great job man, this screams CLEAN!

EDIT:

BTW im soooo not a fan of socketing anything but when i did it made life so much easier, I think i might take the super glue approach in the future, awesome way around the component being loose!

Which gold is it?

Metallic Light Gold

BTW im soooo not a fan of socketing anything but when i did it made life so much easier, I think i might take the super glue approach in the future, awesome way around the component being loose!

Just to clarify, I used hot glue. No clue if super glue would be sage to use here. But yeah this is a really fun layout. Rob really did something special with it and that comes through when building it :)

Last edited:
Back