Low Tide Modulator Firmware/IC

pmtronics

Hi everyone,
First post here. I bought a kit for the Low Tide from musikding.de (I'm from Italy) but somehow the kit was missing the Randomizer chip. I already contacted musikding support but I suspect that they will not send a replacement...

I am fully capable of programming microcontrollers (I have experience with Arduino, Teensy and TIVA uCs) so I thought: "Well, I can't find the firmware online so I'll code it by myself, it's a timed random signal generator, it can't be that difficult..."

Only problem here is that I can't find which chip it is (I suppose it's an attiny of some kind) because BOMs and schematics don't report the part number...

Regarding the algorithm I am thinking about some kind of sample and hold simulator (i.e. wait for some time, proportional to the rate pot, and then push a random number on the output, maybe applying to the result some kind of exp/log curve or some LUT...)

I hope to get some info!
Bye!

I am sure Klaus from musikding will send you the replacement, it might take a while to get an answer but so far I've only had good experience with musikding
I bought a Sea Horse kit and it was missing some capacitors, I sent them an email and a week later I had them in the mail

So I'll buy some chips and try out a few algos...

If you are interested and it doesn't break the rules of the forum I'll probably upload some Arduino sketches... I am already thinking about mods 🙈

So I'll buy some chips and try out a few algos...

If you are interested and it doesn't break the rules of the forum I'll probably upload some Arduino sketches... I am already thinking about mods 🙈
There’s an arduino subforum for just this kind of stuff! Doesn’t see much use, but definitely post your findings there so they’re easier to find for anyone interested!

Good luck— looking forward to seeing what you turn up with

Yeah I'd agree with @Ale_jellybelly Klaus is always very good at sorting any problems his customer service is excellent

The IC I've got for it is labelled Atmel 10u TINY25v 2036174 hopefully that means more to you than it does to me
As you all said, Klaus just wrote me back that he will be promptly sending a spare chip!

Thanks for the support!

Back