Low Tide Modulator Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

I got my PCB!! Yaaaay! Is anyone else having problems with Banzai not responding to their emails? (still waiting for that damn dual pot).
i solved with support chat , but they shipped the order without the pot, which is in back order...so I buy the linear one from musikding

I went ahead and just ordered a linear 1M from Smallbear. If there's really not much difference, that's ok by me!

How finicky is this pedal with power, btw? I'm cramming a Son of Ben into the same enclosure to make a nice hairy preamp for this thing, but may rethink that strategy if combining them would cause noise issues.

I think this pedal is fine without a preamp, or at least not one built into the same enclosure. Very little to "gain" from trying to overdrive its signal processing. It seems like a better fit near the end of the effects chain where your signal level will be coming from another effect anyway.

I think this pedal is fine without a preamp, or at least not one built into the same enclosure. Very little to "gain" from trying to overdrive its signal processing. It seems like a better fit near the end of the effects chain where your signal level will be coming from another effect anyway.
Yeah, not looking to overdrive it per se - more like putting hair on the signal on the way in but maintaining level. Here's what inspired the thought:

Last edited:
good video. assuming you have dirt or distortion in your effect chain, it is easy enough to dial it in without putting in inside the enclosure. reverb in front of it is also pretty interesting, including some murky things like the deflector. anything with echo or more than a little reverb after the pedal seems to mask the low tide's "wobble"

good video. assuming you have dirt or distortion in your effect chain, it is easy enough to dial it in without putting in inside the enclosure. reverb in front of it is also pretty interesting, including some murky things like the deflector. anything with echo or more than a little reverb after the pedal seems to mask the low tide's "wobble"
Yeah I have it at the very end of my chain and it works great there.

Comp - allll of my dirt - strymon iridium - reverb and delay - low tide - mixer.

I tried it earlier in the chain and found it just got lost in there. Plus the sound of it modulating after my dispatch master is just beautiful

Not very familiar with BD analog delay circuits the place I bought a V3207D "accidentally" sent me a V3208. I was refunded, but I am unsure if this will work in this circuit. Any ideas?

Not very familiar with BD analog delay circuits the place I bought a V3207D "accidentally" sent me a V3208. I was refunded, but I am unsure if this will work in this circuit. Any ideas?
According to google

The V3208 model is exactly the same as the V3207 but with twice as much delay time.

So I would guess that won't work correctly in this circuit

According to google

The V3208 model is exactly the same as the V3207 but with twice as much delay time.

So I would guess that won't work correctly in this circuit
if the pinout is the same and you are using a socket, no harm in plugging the chip in to see how it sounds. but I would go ahead and track down a v3207 chip to at least compare the two and choose the one you like the best.

if the pinout is the same and you are using a socket, no harm in plugging the chip in to see how it sounds. but I would go ahead and track down a v3207 chip to at least compare the two and choose the one you like the best.
It has the same pinout and similar specs beyond longer delay so we will see. V3207 are getting hard to find.

Reactions: fig
I might have a line on some 9mm A1Ms, they'll do in a pinch until I get the proper board-mount dualie — hopefully they arrive before the board does.

The biggest problem I have now is too many grandiose ideas for names and graphics, narrowing it down to the right idea is only overshadowed by the actual execution of whichever idea wins.

Reactions: fig
Is the 4K7 resistor (R55) the resistor which is used for the LED? (located to the right of the dip switch)

I typically prefer 15K resistors as I use clear LEDs and find 4K7 resistors linked to the LED to be too bright. Can I just replace the 4K7 resistor (R55) with a 15K resistor with no issues?

Low Tide R55.jpg

Set your DMM on stun and Beep test it?

be8c7d75061e83ec51b12159d4f19f1e.jpg

Yep, that's the CLR. It's in series with the 2K2 directly below it (part of an anti-pop arrangement), so you might want to factor that in as well.

(Maybe try a 12K or 13K instead of the usual 15K)

Back