Low Tide Modulator Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

I, too, used to get a boost and cut, but now I'm a big boy and don't need the boost and I can cut my own food up.
They trust me with a knife...

Fools!

• Haha
Reactions: fig
I've been trying to think of an instance where you'd want to boost & cut, but I can't.

I can only think of wanting to boost OR cut.

It'd be fun to shoehorn a stomper in for the boost — not sure how practical that would be in use, but it'd be a fun masochistic endeavour in figuring a way to make a cramped build even more claustrophobic.
For the stomper, maybe go from cut to full boost, skip the middle setting.

Can anyone give an instance where you'd want boost & cut?
It's not a cut but rather a pad, which also changes the input impedance for line level devices.

I've been trying to think of an instance where you'd want to boost & cut, but I can't.

I can only think of wanting to boost OR cut.

It'd be fun to shoehorn a stomper in for the boost — not sure how practical that would be in use, but it'd be a fun masochistic endeavour in figuring a way to make a cramped build even more claustrophobic.
For the stomper, maybe go from cut to full boost, skip the middle setting.

Can anyone give an instance where you'd want boost & cut?
One is a boost to drive the jfet harder I think, and the other is to change level and input impedance for use with a line level device like a synth. It's not just 4 levels of boost/cut.

Boost jfet harder off/on
Pad for line level off/on

At least that's what it looks like in the original pedals manual

Thanks Disco & Leftovernoise.

Now that makes a lot more sense. So... indeed there seems like there might possibly be an instance where you may have to pad the input, but boost the JFET.

I was just thinking whether to go single SPDT on-off-on, or dual on-on SPST — looks like two external switches for me (even though I'll probably set and forget them).

I was about to order an a1m dual gang pot from smallbear when I saw they were back in stock, but someone bought them up. If anyone wants to trade for one if you have more than one let me know. I have extras of most of the things one would need to build this...3207, that weird opamp from mouser (e/p something) j201 smds, the two switch on/off. P/m me if you got one

I got a handful and probably won't use them all, happy to send a couple your way once they get here!

the pcb arrived today, truly high quality, I only need the components ordered on banzai 20 days ago! they have gotten slower and slower

the pcb arrived today, truly high quality, I only need the components ordered on banzai 20 days ago! they have gotten slower and slower
I ordered a single a1m dual pot from them as soon as the parts list was posted and still haven't seen it. Supposedly it's on the west coast now but still hasn't made it to me. I think dhl is shipping it so that's probably why it's taking forever. Banzai actually fulfilled the order pretty quick.

I ordered a single a1m dual pot from them as soon as the parts list was posted and still haven't seen it. Supposedly it's on the west coast now but still hasn't made it to me. I think dhl is shipping it so that's probably why it's taking forever. Banzai actually fulfilled the order pretty quick.
my order is still in processing status and they do not respond to emails, strange because over the years, despite the slowness, they have always responded.

Oh snap, I didn't even notice that the A1M was dual gang! @PedalPCB would you consider updating the 'type' description in the build docs to describe that? It might help others who are dummies like me 😂

you get the same range of usage with b1m, and without comparing it to a log taper I am not sure how the range of settings would differ. since I have only used the b1m, the variations in the rate as you turn the pot seem pretty even. theoretically the log taper would give you better control over one end of the range and less control over the other end of the range.

Back