DEMO Lowballer with dual expression inputs

This post contains an audio or video demo
Adding this to the mods I think I may give a go, which is gonna force me into a larger enclosure. Not gonna fit a 2nd footswitch for the Distortion switch in with this. So I love the idea but it got me thinking. This comes from crude understanding of electronics, so this may be crazy talk. Doesn't the way they look wired mean that your pot and the expression pedal are parallel resistors? And then wouldn't that make for odd behavior along the EP sweep where the lower R value path (pot or EP) is where the signal goes? Path of least resistance...

Thanks in advance to whomever sets me straight.

Adding this to the mods I think I may give a go, which is gonna force me into a larger enclosure. Not gonna fit a 2nd footswitch for the Distortion switch in with this. So I love the idea but it got me thinking. This comes from crude understanding of electronics, so this may be crazy talk. Doesn't the way they look wired mean that your pot and the expression pedal are parallel resistors? And then wouldn't that make for odd behavior along the EP sweep where the lower R value path (pot or EP) is where the signal goes? Path of least resistance...

No, I used switching jacks, so when a TRS cable is inserted, the pots are taken out of the circuit

I used this scheme

Whelp… now I want to build it with expression jacks now. I told myself I don’t have enough room for another 1590BB box for my bass board 😫

I've been waiting for someone to do this. ;)
I like how you fit the jacks down by the footswitch. I have a 1590BB version drawn up but wasn't sure if folks would be interested.

Actually, I just listened to your videos, this is different from what I had in mind. That sounds really cool.

My version disables the envelope and behaves like a standard wah. Might be time for some rotary switch business.

I've been waiting for someone to do this. ;)
I like how you fit the jacks down by the footswitch. I have a 1590BB version drawn up but wasn't sure if folks would be interested.

Actually, I just listened to your videos, this is different from what I had in mind. That sounds really cool.

My version disables the envelope and behaves like a standard wah. Might be time for some rotary switch business.
For the jacks, I just cut the tips of the standard enclosed/ isolated type jacks. It's snug, but it works.

I'll never argue with more envelope filters. If you go that route, why not  also implement the dual LFO from your Pendulum;)? Have envelope, treadle and LFO control

I'll never argue with more envelope filters. If you go that route, why not  also implement the dual LFO from your Pendulum;)? Have envelope, treadle and LFO control

Man that'd be interesting.

I think a Big Baller might need to happen.

The distortion is literally four components, it piggybacks on the envelope circuit....

We could certainly make it bypassable with a loop.
I was thinking more along the line of being able to insert whatever distortion you'd like without getting too hacky with the board, and without effecting the envelope portion.

But if you wanna build a Captain Bit into it to save me the trouble, I'll try to hold my tongue

Back