Missing Build Docs / Schematics

The drill template for the Cleaver is one of the older styled ones. Would the Aft Preamp drill template work for the Cleaver as well, or are the holes no similarly spaced?

Okay, there is about to be an influx of new projects...... but I want to tie up any loose ends first.

Is anyone waiting on any missing build docs / schematics? (Not including the most recent releases, those are already on my list)
Not sure where to post, but the dung beetle build doc is not updated to the new revision. A couple of resistor/capacitor values need updates

The docs for the Fuzz Stain do not match the PCB's. My PCB has an additional resistor (1M5) that is neither in the BOM, PCB image, nor the schematic...

Few questions on the Electrovibe:

- What are the two pads extra underneath the trimpots? Are these for an option of dropping in 1/4w resistors instead of trimpots?
- What is the top to-92 transistor (dead center, below the 1n5817)?

Few questions on the Electrovibe:

- What are the two pads extra underneath the trimpots? Are these for an option of dropping in 1/4w resistors instead of trimpots?
I’ve seen elsewhere that the transistor below the 1n5817 is the voltage regulator - L78L12.

I also had a question about the pads on the back of the IC is that so we can use a MAX1044/ICL7660 op amp instead of the LT1054?

I have another dumb question… is the 7371 bulb polarised?? I can’t see any info on a few data sheets I have seen.

I’ve seen elsewhere that the transistor below the 1n5817 is the voltage regulator - L78L12.
Figured it was a voltage regulator, thanks! Makes sense that it's 12v with the bulb being 12v

I also had a question about the pads on the back of the IC is that so we can use a MAX1044/ICL7660 op amp instead of the LT1054?

Not sure about the ICL7660 but yes if you bridge that connection you can use a 1044 instead. There's a few other pedalpcb builds that have that same setup. Really handy way to do it to not need a full on jumper wire

Last edited:

The extra pads below the trimpots are to accommodate an RM-065 type trim pot. Tayda didn't have a 250K trimpot in the 3362P style, and rather than have to bend the leads all wonky like I did, I just added an extra set of pads so they'd be a direct fit. Of course you could just order a 3362P from Mouser or some other dealer, but adding extra pads was a free and simple fix.

The TO-92 at the top is indeed for a voltage regulator (L78L12). The bulb actually isn't powered by the 12V supply. I know some of the other DIY builds tend to drive the lamp from the 12V supply and the opamps from the higher 18V supply, but if you take a look at the original Univibe schematics the supply for the lamp comes straight off the power transformer. The opamps are powered by the lower (and filtered) B+ derived after the two 470R resistors.

I have another dumb question… is the 7371 bulb polarised?? I can’t see any info on a few data sheets I have seen.
That's correct, the solder jumpers on the back are for 1044 / 7660 type charge pumps.

The 7371 is a incandescent filament bulb, no polarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back