Parentheses Fuzz - second attempt

Wardy66

After my first attempt at the Parentheses Mini Fuzz failed and borked my PSU(!), I practiced more and built a couple of nice pedals from Coda Effects. (OECD and Black Hole). Then felt more confident building the full size Parentheses Fuzz . And it works!
Using breakout boards was a bit easier but still quite fiddly too get the short connectors on to the board.
Not convinced the toggle switch is doing much but will have to try that out again. I couldn't find a suitable rotary switch so left out the two GE diodes.
Also output jack is possibly wired wrong as it works when half pulled out!

It is certainly a beast of a pedal though, through my very small Blackstar tube amp.
Painting by my daughter - apparently a Death's Head hawkmoth with random symbols. Rattlecan paint and Posca paint pens

IMG_1551.jpeg
IMG_1552.jpeg

For the output jack that means you wired the ring instead of the sleeve. Just move the orange wire to the bottom lug. Love your daughter painting. Very nice details.

Reactions: fig
Excellent graphics!

Nice build, but if I may make a couple of suggestions:
Shorten the transistor leads and they will be less likely to jump out of the sockets.
The tooth washer on the toggle switch belongs on the inside. But if that was the look you were going for, I'll STFU.

Hi Chuck - thanks for the comment re the graphics and the advice!
I need to trim those transistors for sure, rather than bend them over. Now i know it works I will.

And I didn't know which side the toothed washer went but too late to change now I think. Same with the plastic washers on the footswitches - inside or outside?!

And back to dmnCrawler - I fixed the output jack, thanks.

Also worked out the toggle switch does have a small effect.

Back