Pathogen distortion - turns off after a minute

SmokinFoolz

I have a Pathogen Distortion with a curious problem. So it works (and sounds amazing I might add) but the sound crackles out and no sound after about a minute. The led works as it should. When bypassed the regular signal is audible and bypass functions as normal with Led off. Anyone here ever have this issue? no components appear to be blown visually and the board has been reflowed twice. Im thinking a bad component or cap maxing out but I dont know where to look/ or even begin to look.
Thanks!
Smokinfoolz

Last edited:
Changed the Footswitch out today (with and without a breakoutboard) and same issue. The pedal stayed on for about 10 minutes then fizzled off quickly out of the blue without warning. light stays on, no pop sound, it just thoughtfully fizzes to mute with the led still on and goes silent without bothering anyone. And like before, the bypass works as normal. I'm about to just start over. yeesh

Measure the voltages on all opamp pins relative to ground. Pin 8 should be 9V or whatever your supply voltage is. Pin 4 is ground (0V). All others should be at half your supply voltage. That's 4.5V if you use 9V power.

UPDATE: FIXED! works now and doesn't shut off.... Here is what I did:
JTEX's mention was a wonderful starting point, checked values, everything was fine, some values slightly off but very close. Gave me an area to investigate that includes an electrolithic. Scroll up and you'll see Cr0SSBL4DE's post about it "Maybe a bed electrolithic" and Lo and Behold, the spot for the 470p electrolithic was populated erroneously by me with a linear capacitor (WIMA 250v) instead of an electrolithic. Once the Electrolithic proper part was put in, it sounds as good as ever but NOW DOESN'T SHUT OFF!!!!
I can't believe it was a simple wrong part!
Cue the facepalm
:: Picard Facepalm ::
This pedal is number 10 from PedalPCB for me, and I can't thank you all enough for pointing me in the right direction in this Forum. Shouting from the rooftops, Thank you!

Back