SOLVED Pharmacist troubleshooting...

Hey Gang,
Im a new member here so be gentle... ;)
So, I have been building a pharmacist pedal and have for the first time in my pedal building experience failed to get one to work first time!!!! (maybe it will prove to be a good learning experience).
I have only build half a dozen or so from various companies, but do have a small amount of knowledge that seems to have served me well thus far. This isn't my first PedalPCB build as I just completed the Abider Overdrive and it is nothing short of spectacular for my purpose, and of course, worked great right off the bat!.

So onto the matter at hand... I have been truly dying to try this pedal for YEARS!....
I have just completed the main board of the Pharmacist and wanted to test the main board before I mounted it in the case as I have been advised to do many many times....
I have not attached the foot switches as of yet, and I have just re-flowed all the solder on all joints and looked at the joints under a microscope and have found that all the joints are good and there are no bridges. However I am getting nothing at all out of it!?!?!?!
I also found of this forum that there was a 'test point' to make sure the charge pump was OK, and it read 20v, which I am assuming is fine as it should be around 18v.
I am now wondering if the foot switches need to be attached for the circuit to be complete?....and get signal???... I also have not yet added the LED's as I don't believe that will affect the outcome of hearing signal.
Im just wondering if there are any more test points to bisect this circuit and figure out the issue???.
Im attaching the pics and if any one can assist me... I will be truly grateful.

Paul.

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 27
Connect the footswitches
And just like that..... MAGIC!....
Sounds amazing....Much better than I expected.
AND.... My 100% record remains in tact!. lol. ;)
Thanks for the push to press on, and connect the switches, which in this case seem to be vital to completing the circuit.

Now on to the Kickstart distortion!...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 25
Hey Gang,
Im a new member here so be gentle... ;)
So, I have been building a pharmacist pedal and have for the first time in my pedal building experience failed to get one to work first time!!!! (maybe it will prove to be a good learning experience).
I have only build half a dozen or so from various companies, but do have a small amount of knowledge that seems to have served me well thus far. This isn't my first PedalPCB build as I just completed the Abider Overdrive and it is nothing short of spectacular for my purpose, and of course, worked great right off the bat!.

So onto the matter at hand... I have been truly dying to try this pedal for YEARS!....
I have just completed the main board of the Pharmacist and wanted to test the main board before I mounted it in the case as I have been advised to do many many times....
I have not attached the foot switches as of yet, and I have just re-flowed all the solder on all joints and looked at the joints under a microscope and have found that all the joints are good and there are no bridges. However I am getting nothing at all out of it!?!?!?!
I also found of this forum that there was a 'test point' to make sure the charge pump was OK, and it read 20v, which I am assuming is fine as it should be around 18v.
I am now wondering if the foot switches need to be attached for the circuit to be complete?....and get signal???... I also have not yet added the LED's as I don't believe that will affect the outcome of hearing signal.
Im just wondering if there are any more test points to bisect this circuit and figure out the issue???.
Im attaching the pics and if any one can assist me... I will be truly grateful.

Paul.
Paul, I am working through troubleshooting the same pedal.

Back