Tayda package

chongmagic

So I had a good stock of replacement parts coming today and even though DHL said it was delivered, nothing was there. End to a perfect day.

That’s brutal. Never had it happen to me, I don’t live in an area inundated with porch pirates though.

The last big shipment of PCBs was delivered and signed for by a person I do not know.

It took almost an entire day of phone calls, but they finally went and retrieved the package from the wrong address and delivered it. :oops:

I've had a few issues like this lately. One was my postal carrier signing that I refused a package, when in reality I had watched as he fumbled around in the back of his truck, looked exasperated, and then drove away without delivering anything (my home office has a window facing the street). Another time a friend mailed me a package that simply seemed to disappear at my local PO for about two weeks, though the tracking said "out for delivery", and only arrived after I had made several phone calls and opened a claim.

Usually my Tayda deliveries are fulfilled by a DHL driver, which is interesting because from what I can tell we don't have any kind of DHL hub here - they must drive here from Chicago (over a 100 miles from me). Sometimes it is delivered by a nondescript white van. I always get notifications that I need to sign for my deliveries from them, but I never have, nor have they ever asked.

My last Tayda order was supposed to include half a dozen LM833 chips, but the little pink baggie only had some zener diodes in it. no chips.

Last edited:
Did you check with your neighbors? I've had stuff delivered to the neighbors that said was delivered to my house.

Unfortunately I have to sign for the DHL delivery, or find the form on my door that I sign to get it delivered the next day without the signature.

I have a case open with DHL, still no sign of the package. I am not sure of what the recourse will be, but it was $70 worth of parts and I am a little leary to use DHL again. Tayda has an option to use FedEx for me, and it is a dollar more. I may go that route in the future.

I always use the registered mail option. It's slower and cost a bit more but I never have to pay customs charges on small packages. The DHL always gets me a 30-40 CAD$ charge :/

I always use the registered mail option. It's slower and cost a bit more but I never have to pay customs charges on small packages. The DHL always gets me a 30-40 CAD$ charge :/
I feel your pain. I once got 55$ CAD (42 USD) custom charge from DHL on a 176$ USD order.

I use normal postal service now and hope it takes less than a month... I'm currently still waiting for an order places January 14th...

My last Tayda order shipped Jan 8 and it just showed up yesterday. Sometimes it shows up in 2 weeks which is nice haha

Back