The excavation has begun....

Here's a question... Let's say you do goop your pedal (using whatever method you choose)....

Once the circuit has been degooped and traced, do you continue to goop it in future builds? :unsure:

I would say yes because
A) The paranoia that caused me to goop in the first place continues to linger.
B) If someone breaks a gooped pedal, chances are they'll buy another one rather than having it repaired.
C) Changing the process involves some amount of risk.

It is the reason the Bogner pedals intrigue me. We should really have a donation and flip fund for tracing.
i think the lagrange at least has been degooped and traced. from what i remember it is a box of rock and COT 50 on the dirt side, and a SHO on the boost side. disappointing really. but i have a lagrange and it really does sound good and plays well with many different amps.

Last edited:
I would say yes because
A) The paranoia that caused me to goop in the first place continues to linger.
B) If someone breaks a gooped pedal, chances are they'll buy another one rather than having it repaired.
C) Changing the process involves some amount of risk.
the goops purpose in my view is primarily to aid in bamboozling customers, who generally have little interest in the specifics of pedal design, want a commercial build, and who are susceptible to superstitions and hype. just look at the number of people who have bought into the jan ray without hesitation, even after it came to light that it was just a dumbed down timmy. so yes the goop continues to serve its purpose

Last edited:
I guess gooping it makes it seem more exotic and original, I suppose they think it adds some sort of magic to the sound.

I guess they don't want most people to realize that a majority of the time the circuit was developed many years ago and they have just "improved" upon the original design. Why would people want to spend the extra money for something that has already been created?

I guess the Internet has created more paranoia in this as well, as the information is so much more readily available.

In all seriousness though, don't use JB Weld to goop your pedals. If you pour conductive material all over your electrical circuit you're going to have a bad time.

Back