What's on the workbench?

I guess the Schadenfreude is verified.... How can you really decide if a circuit like that is broken? :ROFLMAO:
It’s pretty easy to make heads and tails of the different controls once you play around with it a bit. Volume and tone are self explanatory. Speed is essentially the envelope of the theremin-glissando pitch, and intensity acts sort of as a blend between the ragged fuzziness, and the random envelope-controlled pitch. It’s easily my favorite PLL style pedal, and as long as you keep either the speed or intensity below 50%, you can crank the other and still get pretty controllable effects. Hitting the front end with active pickups or a clean boost tightens up the tracking and completely changes the character of the pedal in my experience. Fun without; fun with.
One of my favorite ways to get monstrous bass tones is to track with the guitardammerung on guitar at double-speed, and then slow it down to half speed to drop it an octave.

I guess the Schadenfreude is verified.... How can you really decide if a circuit like that is broken? :ROFLMAO:
Once I get the schadenfreude board I’ll make an extensive demo video to show y’all how to get some really rad tones out of it since the guitardammerung has been a mainstay of my board since like 2014 or 2015

Yeah I get the controls, but like all PLLs, it just sounds busted.
If you turn everything down to 0 and then just adjust the volume to taste, it’s incredible as just a nicely aggressive fuzz. All controls to 10 is of course the fun and sensible choice with noisy synthy freaks like this, but this one actually has a lot more subtlety (as subtle as a big muff or Acapulco Gold, that is) than most other PLL pedals if you go mild on the controls. I think I may have just thought of the candidate for my first buff and blend builds🤔

I'm curous wtbbf is that thing with all the led's and pc mounts pots? almost rivaling my solder table but I know it's from me dragging arse gettign a design for the 'box art' :ROFLMAO:

Which one did you save for last?

The last one was the "Boston Baked Boost", which is basically a fixed EQ set relatively close to Tom Scholz 6-band EQ settings.

Not much fun on it's own, but it's pretty fun in front of another distortion.

I had to adjust a few resistor values so those go into the box of shame. I'll mark out one or two incorrect component values, but anything more than that warrants reordering the PCB.

Ha! (Not really "On the Bench" - but required for the project none the less.) I re-examined my build notes on the rack mounted "Stereophonic Gizmotronic Symphonic Harmonic Perambulator" being built for a client. I had to completely re-work the interface layout to accommodate all that it really does. I may still need to go back and rethink the two Chorus sections to better emphasize the association of the Bypass toggles for each of two dual-chorus circuits.

The two FV-1 "Pythagoras" circuits will be synchronized and use dual-gang pots to manage their respective controls. Nor do they need a Bypass control because that can be achieved with the dual-ganged "Mix"control. The "Volume" control, also dual-ganged, will act as a master volume for the entire effect.

Dual_Chorus_Blank_Build_01e.png

Actually on the bench is a Rockman Ultimatum. The trace has begun!

Attachments

• Ultimatum_00.jpg
    Ultimatum_00.jpg
    743 KB · Views: 17
  • Ultimatum_Component_Side.jpg
    Ultimatum_Component_Side.jpg
    695.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Ultimatum_Solder_Side.jpg
    Ultimatum_Solder_Side.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 16
Back