What's on the workbench?

I think what concerns me the most is the jack placement.... why did they have to be so close together? I guess pancake jacks are out.

...and I just realized there's no DC jack? 😒
I was just about to comment on both of those things. I think more attention was given to the easter treats diorama than panel considerations.

What would possess someone to put a ten-turn pot on a FUZZ control of a fuzz face? Beyond using a C-taper, I’ve never once thought that that control needs more resolution.

This one isn't actually on the workbench, but this seemed like the most appropriate place to post...

View attachment 30614

Although I will say this is the first time I've seen goop used as a form of art, I just don't think that little bunny is going to have the effect that was intended. Is there a guilt factor involved? "Oh no, we can't hurt the cute little bunny!"

Consider my interest piqued.

I've seen some wild shit before but this is Isle of Tone level stuff.

Side Note: How TF am I supposed to know if you are telling the truth about all those mojo components? Do I eat the bunny to get the prize?

Full Disclosure: Even as a guy who plans on selling Fuzz Faces for $175, I find this offensive... :ROFLMAO:

We'll find out eventually.... It was inevitable the moment you decided to go all avant garde with the goop.

Seriously.... don't do that.

Repeat after me: Goop does not discourage "piracy" ...

image.jpg
image.jpg

My 3rd gravitation reverb build (1st one didn’t work) just got all my resistors and socketed both my 1n5817 and voltage regulator into place so far so good! Still need to wait on parts should be coming in by Tuesday.

image.jpg
image.jpg

So I don’t know if this qualifies to be on this thread but since I got my spare parts to experiment with today I couldn’t help but want to build something. I’ve been running around all day and really couldn’t sit down long enough to solder anything. So since I already had the Proto built I figured I’d try my first shot at breadboarding. I decided to choose the el sol distortion to start my journey…..and my god did this open my eyes to reading schematics and how the circuit functions! Now I haven’t actually tried it to see if it works only because where I’m at its 1am and my girlfriend will kill me lol but I don’t think I’m going to be able to sleep knowing I have another circuit to try in the am!

Last edited:
Back