What's on the workbench?

Intelligent action on that one?

Not yet, soon though.

This one is a prototype in every sense of the word. The plan here was just to get everything into the box so I would have some baseline measurements to work from.

I expected issues and wasn't even entirely convinced it was going to fit in the box, but it all fell right into place and works great. It isn't the easiest thing to assemble but it gives me something to work from.

The next revision will be a bit more advanced. I'll be starting a thread soon to get some feedback / suggestions on how the programmability should behave.

Not yet, soon though.

This one is a prototype in every sense of the word. The plan here was just to get everything into the box so I would have some baseline measurements to work from.

I expected issues and wasn't even entirely convinced it was going to fit in the box, but it all fell right into place and works great. It isn't the easiest thing to assemble but it gives me something to work from.

The next revision will be a bit more advanced. I'll be starting a thread soon to get some feedback / suggestions on how the programmability should behave.

I’m looking forward to what that might look like. I definitely have some ideas and hopes for it.

Does it flip pins 1 and 3 for mounting on the front?
No, but I suppose you could rotate the trimpot 180 degrees for that.

Although you'll most likely have to wire it in most cases anyway so swapping the wires would be easy enough.

I hadn't really considered front mounting, I was picturing side walls or the back.

1704641649284.png

Of course someone is going to ask where they can find an 8-pin trimpot...

No, but I suppose you could rotate the trimpot 180 degrees for that.

Although you'll most likely have to wire it in most cases anyway so swapping the wires would be easy enough.

I hadn't really considered front mounting, I was picturing side walls or the back.

View attachment 65275

Of course someone is going to ask where they can find an 8-pin trimpot...

“Robert, will any of these 15,000 compatible trimmers substitute for that elusive 8 pin you show on the silkscreen/build docs?”

“Robert, will any of these 15,000 compatible trimmers substitute for that elusive 8 pin you show on the silkscreen/build docs?”

I think you got the wrong forum, we don't do bicycles.

This little breakout isn't really a direct fit to PCB mount in any of the boards so I think it'd be easier to just invert the wiring if needed.

They are.

Compatibility like how? To substitute a trim pot for a 9mm pot? Or the other way around?
Other way around. If I'm going to go through the trouble of an external trim pot, is probably rather use a 9mm pot.
Easier than drilling 3 holes.

Back