What's on the workbench?

Warning , Bit Graphic!
My Right Middle Finger now on my fretting hand from being squashed betwen 2 Pine posts 6 weeks ago, looks good now with some Supa Glue & Sanding!
Just gettin full sensitivity back in the tip & playing again!
Supa Glue & Sanding.jpg

Before shot after I removed the lifting nail:
1700926529879.png

Last edited:
AAAAOOHH YEAAAAHHH @Robert BAYBEEEE

Put your FREQ on and GET TH' PURRRTAY START-ED!

9a45d9cfc41af280fa36ae0d4b834e65.gif

[ROBERT] Well... Bring owt tha Goop

[BENNY-P] But th' Goop's stihl innits toob.

[ROBERT] Well, Ah guess yu'll just havtah go squeeeeze it owt naow, won'chu?

Hand sanded to 360 and stained the cab for my 5F6-A non-kit build with Varithane gunstock stain after using their wood conditioner for soft woods before staining. Still wet-ish in this pic, it's more uniform and slightly redder and lighter now. Contemplating whether I'll do a second coat or just move to Varithane poly satin varnish. More pics later!
5F6A Cab Stained with Varithane Gunstock.jpeg

Nice cabinetry!

Thanks!

The splotches are gone now that it's completely dried. The streak is sunlight. In the background is my felker wet tile saw that I use for G10 circuit board cutting, and of course tile and brick. And my grizzly 220v 2.5 hp 10" table saw. When you hit the power it goes BANG and is going full speed instantly. It inspires caution, lol.... I've decided to go with one coat of stain, I like the color. I'll brush on four coats of poly next.......

I painted the baffle flat black and holy cow it smells bad. Like they made this paint with axle grease....

Shop is a mess after the roof popped open during the river of rain we had last winter, pineapple express straight from Hawaii. A lot of expensive cabinets got rusted but the saw stayed dry, TG...... I've temporarily moved everything into one of the rooms in the house and the garage. sigh....

IMG_1224.JPEG

IMG_1223.JPEG

IMG_1222.JPEG

@RetiredUnit1 Sorry to hear about your Pineapple-river-of-rain ruin — In the past I've had tornado-tussles in which my things got wet as well and quite a bit unsalvageable including slide film.
Soggy stuff sucks!
An aside: Wish I had my own tile-saw, had to borrow one from a friend, but it's got a wonky gate.

The cabinet looks fantastic, I still need to make one for my 5E3-build, but I lack your skills (and skills) in that department.
Pssst, post here: "What's on YOUR workbench thread".
Great work on the joinery, specifically.

Back
Top Bottom