What's on the workbench?

My thinking for this is for side mounted trim pots (I am COMPLETELY against knobs and switches sticking out the sides of pedals), or squeezing in an adjustment where a knob just wont reasonably fit or wouldn't be used enough to justify.

An LED brightness adjustment, for example.

I'd imagine we'll see someone JB Weld the standoffs on the inside of the enclosure for flush mounting, that's probably what I would do.

Coincidentally (or maybe I planned it in my sleep), the pads just happen to be 6.985mm from the center of the trimpot.

A plastic shaft 9mm pot is 7mm, a metal shaft is 7.5mm. That should work. I can bump it down a few hundredths of a millimeter if needed.

You'll also be able to "countersink" a plastic shaft 9mm pot so it doesn't stick out so far.

Coincidentally (or maybe I planned it in my sleep), the pads just happen to be 6.985mm from the center of the trimpot.

A plastic shaft 9mm pot is 7mm, a metal shaft is 7.5mm. That should work. I can bump it down a few hundredths of a millimeter if needed.

You'll also be able to "countersink" a plastic shaft 9mm pot so it doesn't stick out so far.
I thought the pin spacing was pretty much the same. Just need the square peg to be able to fit in the round hole.
My thinking for this is for side mounted trim pots (I am COMPLETELY against knobs and switches sticking out the sides of pedals), or squeezing in an adjustment where a knob just wont reasonably fit or wouldn't be used enough to justify.
Don't force your morals on me 😂

I dont actually want a gluten free option hahaha but as a chef, that is one of the question I get most often. That and people with fake allergies. People dont seem to understand the difference between actual food allergies and food preferences.
But beans make me gassy! I’m definitely allergic! 🤣

PXL_20240109_093755162.jpg

I was at the lab late tonight, but I made myself work on the Germaniac because I want to jam with it on Thursday at the open mic. How do you like my solderless B-C noise filter capacitor solution? Once things are more assembled I'll find the most aesthetic way to lay down the transistor.

Thanks to Paul Stevenson for the excellent veroboard layout.

Attachments

• PXL_20240109_094043429.jpg
    PXL_20240109_094043429.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20240109_095015906.jpg
    PXL_20240109_095015906.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 47
Back