XC Phase Question Rev 1 vs Rev 2 board

SCTTWTR

Hi all-

Relative newby here but I've built a lot of pedals over the last few years. I bought an XC Phase board and according to the build document there is an error in the quad taransistor silkscreen because it is a Rev 1 board (my board does not say Rev 2 on it). The build documents says to install backwards from what is on board but the figure in the build documentation says it "is correct" for G S D but they match what was already on the board so I'm confused. On a 2n5952 when looking at the flat the Gate Source and Drain go 1 2 3 left to right. That is what is printed on board. Anyone else build a "Rev 1 " board who can help ?

Thanks,
Bob

Hi all-

Relative newby here but I've built a lot of pedals over the last few years. I bought an XC Phase board and according to the build document there is an error in the quad taransistor silkscreen because it is a Rev 1 board (my board does not say Rev 2 on it). The build documents says to install backwards from what is on board but the figure in the build documentation says it "is correct" for G S D but they match what was already on the board so I'm confused. On a 2n5952 when looking at the flat the Gate Source and Drain go 1 2 3 left to right. That is what is printed on board. Anyone else build a "Rev 1 " board who can help ?

Thanks,
Bob
If you have a rev 1 (like I did) you need to install the q-1 through q-4 opposite so the flat part of the transistor faces up. Q5 remains the same. The only way to tell is rev one is it doesn’t say rev2. If you have sockets that’s the best way hands down

Last edited:
OK thanks. I will put them in as you say. The label in the picture on page 2 of the build doc shows the gate as the left lead when facing the flat which is correct for a 2n5952 ... if I flip it so the flat is up the gate will be on the right and drain on the left. Will put them in with sockets which is always a safe bet too. Thanks again. Love your website btw. This is my first build with one of your boards and like the quality and feel of them.

Back