Low Tide Modulator Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

Coincidentally ordered a Caesar PCB a few weeks back and had trouble finding a V3207D until stumbling upon electric druid! Played it safe so ordered 3 just in case. And just tonight I ordered a Low Tide for myself and one to build for a friend for his bday so they’ll all get used in short order! Couldn’t have worked out better!

Oh, hi, I’m new btw. Haha
Only been building pedals since January but I love it and ordering the Low Tide is like my 7th already. Most are in various stages of mid-build right now, I keep starting new ones before finishing others. Oh well! 🤪
Was wondering what I was gonna do with the other v3207 I ordered. Got an extra just in case. Didn't know the Ceaser used that same chip. So I guess that's going on the list of builds too!

From Electric Druid’s V3207D store page: “We have a limited stock of these BBDs and Coolaudio are telling us that the lead time means we won’t be able to get replacements until Dec 2021.”

I put in an order at Banzai, but haven’t heard back or received a generic auto reply confirming my order. There’s a bunch of V3207D Ebay listings...

From Electric Druid’s V3207D store page: “We have a limited stock of these BBDs and Coolaudio are telling us that the lead time means we won’t be able to get replacements until Dec 2021.”

I put in an order at Banzai, but haven’t heard back or received a generic auto reply confirming my order. There’s a bunch of V3207D Ebay listings...

I was able to order 2 from here and they arrived yesterday. Comparing to other pics online they look legit.

Attachments

• 20210511_061257.jpg
    20210511_061257.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: fig
Was wondering what I was gonna do with the other v3207 I ordered. Got an extra just in case. Didn't know the Ceaser used that same chip. So I guess that's going on the list of builds too!
It does use the V3207D but it also uses the V3102D. Electric Druid didn’t have any of those when I went to order the 3207 so I snagged 3 of those from eBay instead. Hopefully you can find those too if you decide to do the Caesar.

Such a bummer that semiconductors are becoming such rare items. After the Low Tide’s I think I’m actually gonna be good for a while but it just sucks that one can’t be as whimsical anymore to be like “hell yeah, I wanna build that!” and just order all the parts. Now you have to scour the internet for one little chip and likely pay through the nose for it. Hopefully things improve soon. Once the Low Tide’s are done I’m actually gonna start an MFOS Ultimate synth build that will surely be time consuming and challenge my limited abilities but should also be fun and I’ve already acquired all the chips I need for it, thankfully. I’m hoping that by the time I get back to making more guitar pedals I don’t need there will be an improvement in IC availability.

It does use the V3207D but it also uses the V3102D. Electric Druid didn’t have any of those when I went to order the 3207 so I snagged 3 of those from eBay instead. Hopefully you can find those too if you decide to do the Caesar.

Such a bummer that semiconductors are becoming such rare items. After the Low Tide’s I think I’m actually gonna be good for a while but it just sucks that one can’t be as whimsical anymore to be like “hell yeah, I wanna build that!” and just order all the parts. Now you have to scour the internet for one little chip and likely pay through the nose for it. Hopefully things improve soon. Once the Low Tide’s are done I’m actually gonna start an MFOS Ultimate synth build that will surely be time consuming and challenge my limited abilities but should also be fun and I’ve already acquired all the chips I need for it, thankfully. I’m hoping that by the time I get back to making more guitar pedals I don’t need there will be an improvement in IC availability.
Smallbear has the V3102D in stock it looks like

Smallbear has the V3102D in stock it looks like
Not sure where you live but if it’s in the US then you’re golden. I live in Canada and it’s actually cheaper to order from overseas than from the US. Even in Canada it can be expensive. I order from Love My Switches now and then but always make sure it’s big orders since the shipping is ridiculous. But for ICs it’s usually Tayda, Digikey, eBay, or a random find like Electric Druid. Haven’t bought from Small Bear yet but I had 25 knob adapters and a few pots in my cart and it was $21.25US plus $23.54US for shipping (wtf haha). I declined and ordered 40 knob adapters from Thonk in the UK for $16CAN, including shipping. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not sure where you live but if it’s in the US then you’re golden. I live in Canada and it’s actually cheaper to order from overseas than from the US. Even in Canada it can be expensive. I order from Love My Switches now and then but always make sure it’s big orders since the shipping is ridiculous. But for ICs it’s usually Tayda, Digikey, eBay, or a random find like Electric Druid. Haven’t bought from Small Bear yet but I had 25 knob adapters and a few pots in my cart and it was $21.25US plus $23.54US for shipping (wtf haha). I declined and ordered 40 knob adapters from Thonk in the UK for $16CAN, including shipping. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yup I'm in the US. Actually I'm in the same city as lovemyswitches! Love ordering from them because it's usually at my door within 2 days from hitting the submit order button.

I got 4x V3207D from Barry as well. Not sure I'll use them all, so if I have any spares after I finish my builds, I'll post here and would be happy to sell them at cost to anyone who needs one.

Are the drill templates available? looking to get my enclosure design started. very excited about this one!
Only this so far, but it should be enough to get the info you need.

Only this so far, but it should be enough to get the info you need.

ah thanks, totally missed that

Looking forward to building one of these. I think I may have grabbed the last V3207D from guitarpcb. The search for the other tricky components begins! There's one cool demo of the original with a Benson Preamp. It'd be fun to get a little bit larger case and just smack a Son of Ben in there as a dual pedal 🙃

Would some kind soul list the correct slide switch (any popular vendor)? Thanks!

I see a Diptronics NDS-R02BRV. ?

Last edited:
Can’t wait for the build doc on this. I have it populated and I took a swing at the switch wiring, but I’m not getting sound, so I’m guessing I did it wrong…

Can’t wait for the build doc on this. I have it populated and I took a swing at the switch wiring, but I’m not getting sound, so I’m guessing I did it wrong…
I think pedalpcb posted a pic of the insides all wired up in the build report thread. Just got my board yesterday but still waiting on a whole bunch of parts

Back