6-band EQ

It wouldn't be an easy fit in this one, the slide pots go from wall to wall in the enclosure with no room in between.

If a 10-band version happens it'll definitely have one.
Ten-band would be very cool. Any plans for a parametric EQ, or do plan on stopping with a graphic?

Why does the box have two slots for each band? Is it going to be a stereo output? It only looks like there is one slider per channel in the pic from the back side.

Why does the box have two slots for each band? Is it going to be a stereo output? It only looks like there is one slider per channel in the pic from the back side.
You’re seeing the slider without a knob set in the middle position I believe.

@PedalPCB I see this is now available. Any word on the Tayda pre-drilled enclosures?

Not yet, unfortunately.

They were having some issues milling the slots properly at 2mm and were going to try moving up to 3mm and send samples of both.

I'm trying to keep the slots as tight as possible for those who don't want to use the faceplate and prefer to do their own graphics.

Not yet, unfortunately.

They were having some issues milling the slots properly at 2mm and were going to try moving up to 3mm and send samples of both.

I'm trying to keep the slots as tight as possible for those who don't want to use the faceplate and prefer to do their own graphics.
Gotcha. That sounds like a good solution (if possible). Keep us updated with developments!

@PedalPCB are there links to the specific sliders that should be used? Hopefully Tayda has them so we can get the enclosure and sliders all in one. Thanks!

Thanks for the link to the sliders. What size hex spacers and how many are needed for the board?

Do you know if there are any caps or covers that will fit the slider ends? I was going to paint them but didnt know if there was something out there that would work.

Put it together tonight btw and you did an awesome job on the boards! Just waiting for the pre-drilled enclosure.

I think the pot shafts stick up a little too high for mixer-style caps to sit properly but I've seen pictures of the rubber toggle switch style caps used on them.

D4A4213_grande.JPG

[

D4A4213_grande.JPG

[/QUOTE]
Those toggle switch caps look like a good solution. Impressive to see 8 different colors as well. And thanks for posting the build docs. I'm going to try to use my drill and dremel to see how the enclosure comes out. Glad I have the faceplate to go with it. : ^ )

Would be be OK to blast one square hole in the center of the enclosure, instead of (a) waiting for the pre-drilled enclosures or (b) attempting to make the slits? That way there's more room for error? I figure the faceplate will be stiff and sturdy enough on the top... Might be a fool hardy work-around.

Back