Aclam Dr. Robert OD...

Yeah we generally say "an-ees-thetist". And here burglars burgle houses. They can't be bothered to burglarise. I love the word burgle. It sounds like the burp you make after eating a burger too fast.
I’ve been an Anglo-phile for ages. People in the know often call me out for calling something ‘proper’; “proper weather,” a “proper pint,” etc. The one thing that always makes me laugh, though, is saying something is “in” a street (like “…in Denmark Street.”)

I have been watching some older seasons of Taskmaster on You Tube and appreciating the different pronunciations for many words. Of course it helps that I find the shows to be really funny too.

I have been watching some older seasons of Taskmaster on You Tube and appreciating the different pronunciations for many words. Of course it helps that I find the shows to be really funny too.
Yes words like Al U Mini um we call alum un um

Edit Or as mom would say "Tin Foil"

Last edited:
I picked up a variation on the "Mutt's nuts" from a British friend he says the "Dogs Danglies"

Have you been partying again?
🍺🍻🍕🥂🌮🍷🍗🍖🥩🥓🍤🥃🍸🥧🍪🍩🍿🥪🍟🍔🌭🍹🍾

Wha...? Who...Me?

What do you mean:
"Again"?

also --- in the states the "nest" part is pronounced like a bird nest. I think at least in England that part is pronounced with a long E sound.
I would've thought it would be pronounced "th" like in "teeth". "A Nestea-all-o-jist" sounds weird.

I think in Canada it's "Anesthetist" as well. I'd ask my brother, he's a nurse and should know, but ... it's 3am there and his shift ended at 11pm.

So since we're yabbering (yammering?) about language, I have a question:
Does anybody here know approximately when "disembark" from an aircraft became "de-plane"?

It's a few decades ago at least, I think. I vaguely recall when I first heard a flight-attendent announcement with "de-plane", I thought "Thas th' stoopedist ting Oye evah hoid!"

It's been a while since I did a cruise-ship gig, but when you disembark, ehhh sorry... when you leave — do you "de-ship", "de-boat" or "de-float?"

Excuse me, I have to de-house and drive to the local shop where I will then de-car... I'm still short a couple oddball bits for a build, so I guess you could say I'm de-parting.

de-plane-2.jpg

Is there an existing drill template (Duocast minus the toggle switch?) that lines up to this one yet? I’d like to hopefully get a head start on designing the graphics for this one so I can get the enclosure ready when I do some Tayda UV prints soon

Is there an existing drill template (Duocast minus the toggle switch?) that lines up to this one yet?

The footswitch / LED spacing is slightly different.
I have a template worked up but I need to make sure everything fits properly before posting it.

I’m so excited about this one! Are the trim pots for biasing?

Treble, Bass, and Boost Gain.

Back