Acrylic Overdrive - no sound

Flashheart

79C2BA09-F875-4524-8A88-147577608E25.jpeg

Building the Acrylic OD and the pedal lights up but no sound when pedal is on. I checked the transistors and they’re good. Any idea what I’m missing?

Hopefully you can see the image.

Is it just me, or does it look like your input signal from the jack is also going to ground (looks like a wire going to the - input on the board)?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I think the wire is just running underneath the jack. At first, it looked like two wires coming off the jack.

Did you get the transistors biased?

I set mine at about 4.5v you might be able to go as high as 5v. Typically I call t, it’s half of vcc.
Awesome. that gets me in the ballpark. I'm guessing that's equal bias across all three trim pots and test at ?
I set mine at about 4.5v you might be able to go as high as 5v. Typically I call t, it’s half of vcc.
So, given my limited knowledge of circuitry (this is only my second time dealing with bias pots, I can assume I need to test for proper voltage bias at the collector leg of the J201's, as the biased voltage directly supplies each of them?
The only other time I've had to bias a pedal was an out of spec treble booster that had an actual dedicated test pad incorporated into the pcb.

Awesome. that gets me in the ballpark. I'm guessing that's equal bias across all three trim pots and test at ?

So, given my limited knowledge of circuitry (this is only my second time dealing with bias pots, I can assume I need to test for proper voltage bias at the collector leg of the J201's, as the biased voltage directly supplies each of them?
The only other time I've had to bias a pedal was an out of spec treble booster that had an actual dedicated test pad incorporated into the pcb.
Yessir, you got it.

theres something funky with your jack wiring
I thought so too at first, but I think it's just the power jack wires that look weird from that angle (plus they're all black so they mix up). At first I thought the output jack also went to ground or something, but it's the power jack wire that just comes out from right under the output jack.

Unless you mean the actual lugs on those jacks, since I don't know how those work on those specific jacks, I have never used them. But I think if bypass signal works then the in/out jacks should be correctly wired?

I thought so too at first, but I think it's just the power jack wires that look weird from that angle (plus they're all black so they mix up). At first I thought the output jack also went to ground or something, but it's the power jack wire that just comes out from right under the output jack.

Unless you mean the actual lugs on those jacks, since I don't know how those work on those specific jacks, I have never used them. But I think if bypass signal works then the in/out jacks should be correctly wired?

It could bypass signal and be wired wrong with those jacks.

Back