ElectroVibe Questions

joelorigo

I just posted a buid report about a ElectroVibe. Everything works and sounds good but I have a couple of questions. (I incorporated the Unity Gain, Min/Max speed, LowEnd/2ndNotch, Darlington & Reliability mods.)

It seems like the Intensity knob has to be up pretty high to hear the effect.
As the speed knobs are turned up the effect gets faster and faster until the effect stops at a very high, but not all the way, knob setting.
Does that sound normal?

I just posted a buid report about a ElectroVibe. Everything works and sounds good but I have a couple of questions. (I incorporated the Unity Gain, Min/Max speed, LowEnd/2ndNotch, Darlington & Reliability mods.)

It seems like the Intensity knob has to be up pretty high to hear the effect.
As the speed knobs are turned up the effect gets faster and faster until the effect stops at a very high, but not all the way, knob setting.
Does that sound normal?

Which resistors did you use for the max speed?

Have you tweaked the lamp control trimmers?

2.7k for the high and 5M for the slow.

I set the trimmers to get a good, thick overall sound. Basically I arrived at the same setting in the DK Pedals Youtube video.

What you describe sounds like the LFO locking up but that is usually only if you go really low with that resistor (toward the 1.2k range).

As far as having the intensity up, this is a bit of the crux surrounding the Vibe: I’ve found that to get a strong vibe sound with the intensity up, it needs to have the lamp controller section set differently than you would for low intensity settings. In short, if it is set for nice low intensity vibe tones, it is often very “whompy” with the intensity up. Conversely, if it is set for nice high intensity vibe tones, lower intensity values aren’t as strong.

And then there is the conundrum where you need it set differently for vibrato tones!

Ah, interesting. You just need 2 (or 3) vibes on your board! 😜

I will lower the intensity and tweak the trimmers and see what happens

Back