DEMO Hyped Fuzz (Kowloon)

This post contains an audio or video demo

Andrion

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This is the best fuzz I've ever played :) kindly nicknamed it "Kowloon"
absolutely LOVED the overdrive that you get by raising the gain in boost mode (something impossible in the original pedal)

PedalPCB gave me this pcb (and a Dirty Sanchez) as a consolation prize for a contest that didn't worked, and I really can't thank them enough;
Just want you to know that importation taxes in my shitty country are so, SO absurd (and the current government said that it will raise even more) that simply buying 2 pcbs like those from you guys can cost me something I can't afford so often, so I really celebrated when I got this code 😆

PS: I plan to someday complete a demo for every pedalpcb pedal; next one certainly will be Caesar chorus ;)

Captura de Tela 2023-12-03 às 22.47.04.png Captura de Tela 2023-12-03 às 22.47.39.png

Last edited:
Sounds Killer. This one has been fully on my radar, but the board is out of stock!

Nice product-shots too!

Wow that's pretty killer sounding.....this one was completely under my radar.
I totally recommend it!! having great fuzz and overdrive sounds in the same pedal makes it a perfect Jack of all trades to keep before your drives :)

If you like fuzzes cremosissimo, i'd suggest to try Frantone's Cream puff fuzz, PPCB Cream Pie.

It's a small circuit, so it could be easily done on vero or perfboard :

Last edited:
Curious about how/why it's called "Kowloon".
thanks for asking :LOL: I called it "Kowloon" after the name of the most densely populated city to ever exist (Kowloon Walled City, located in Hong Kong and demolished in 1994, the walled city contained roughly 35,000 residents within its territory of 26,000 m2)
the most remarkable aspects from this city to me are the buildings in-between buildings, resulting in almost completely dark streets/alleys where people would simply discard it's trash from the windows (it's said that people have to be used to walk under umbrellas while roaming through the city because of the trash juice from upper levels constantly dripping from above)

well, I thought it was a damn cool name for this dense, dirt and massive kind of distortion :)

Captura de Tela 2024-01-11 às 14.11.21.png Captura de Tela 2024-01-11 às 14.21.02.png

Looks great man! Been contemplating building one with low gain transistors more like the original superfuzz....maybe it wont matter? Killer band, too. (Kowloon Walled City.)
thank you!! I'm aware that there's a band with that name, but I gotta know more about their sound! seems like the Kowloon pedal would fit their style :LOL:

thanks for asking :LOL: I called it "Kowloon" after the name of the most densely populated city to ever exist (Kowloon Walled City, located in Hong Kong and demolished in 1994, the walled city contained roughly 35,000 residents within its territory of 26,000 m2)
the most remarkable aspects from this city to me are the buildings in-between buildings, resulting in almost completely dark streets/alleys where people would simply discard it's trash from the windows (it's said that people have to be used to walk under umbrellas while roaming through the city because of the trash juice from upper levels constantly dripping from above)

well, I thought it was a damn cool name for this dense, dirt and massive kind of distortion :)

View attachment 65660View attachment 65661

I'm familiar with Kowloon Walled City and its history, So that's why I was inquisitive.
Though it was already torn down when I arrived in '97, it has had a lasting imprint on Hong Kong...

It was for the most part, un-policed as it was not under British jurisdiction and the Chinese government wasn't crossing over the border onto the Kowloon Peninsula (the WC being but a small part of the peninsula) to check on its denizens. No cops, no rules, its inhabitants abandoned by Beijing and blind-eye ignored by the Brits...

I used to visit the park where the WC once stood and contemplate the lives, liberties taken and resulting lack there-of, and the pursuits of KWC's inhabitants.

DM062_1.jpg

layout_plan.jpg

You might be familiar with Kowloon Walled Bunny:

4138646071_02e893ac49.jpg

If not familiar, check it out, pretty cool mod of the Ross/MXR Distortion.

Great name for your pedal, and the reasons behind it. Thanks for sating my curiosity!

So cool that you actually visited the place!!!
that's definitely one of the most fascinating (not in a good way) parts of modern human history

also, I didn't knew about the pedal :O I'll definitely check it out!! it looks so cool

thank you!!!

Back