Is this board toast?

scheffehcs

Just need a second opinion - I was removing a B1M Drive pot in a 250 in favor of a C500k. It was pretty stuck in there and it looks like two pads came off the bottom of the PCB. Will it still function or is this board toast? Don’t want to use my only C500k… Thanks!

54CF17D8-31F3-4447-90F1-97D2AE6B7141.jpeg
EE6ECA54-2CC1-4981-BB7E-B4033E60E42E.jpeg

Actually those pads look fine to me. When you pull a pad the whole barrel comes out and there's no metal left. (Ask me how I know heh).

But for sure, I've learned the cleanest way to remove pots is to snip the legs close to the board, then use a pair of tweezers and remove each remaining piece one at a time with a little heat. This keeps you from applying the "scorched earth" method ands risk destroying the board and any other components around it...(again ask me how I know hahaha).

You can still re-use the clipped removed pot by soldering some lead ends and extending the leg parts that got clipped.

Just need a second opinion - I was removing a B1M Drive pot in a 250 in favor of a C500k. It was pretty stuck in there and it looks like two pads came off the bottom of the PCB. Will it still function or is this board toast? Don’t want to use my only C500k… Thanks!

View attachment 34003
View attachment 34004
Maybe It's This?
Check for Continuity on matching Colours :
Continuity Check.jpg

Attachments

• Dist250.jpg
    Dist250.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 1
Thanks again for chiming in everyone. It is indeed the Distortion 250.

I've removed pots successfully before, but man this one was stuck! I got most of the solder off with a sucker, and after that it took awhile to get em out even pushing and pulling while the iron was on it, even loaded up with flux. Not sure why.

It was late and I was frustrated, so I shot off this thread. I'm a little embarrassed, because I should have been to think it out myself and test the continuity, but I'm thankful for all of the responses. Thanks!

Back