Kliche issue

Riverdogg

Kinda new to this so bear with me.

I followed the wiring diagram as best I could, but I’m having a few issues. First it turns on however I can’t get any signal out of it. And second the 9v battery hookup does not work. I obviously care more about it working in general than it working with the 9v.

The first thing that jumps out to me is the glass diodes I got were not marked except for the little dot of yellow paint. It’s possible they are backwards but I’m not sure, thoughts?

Here’s some fun pics, let me know if anything is glaringly wrong. (It won’t let me post them to thread because they are too big or something, attached this doc)

Hmmm well they are definitely opposite each other so it must be something else then
I think it maybe your Jacks.
Plug a Audio Jack in see which terminal is going to the tip , I think your's is going to Ring on one or both jacks
That may also explain Battery issue.
Ground is on a 45 degree angle.

This was definitely the problem, have it working perfectly off the power supply! switched the black lead from the wiring harness to the ground tab but unfortunately the battery still doesn’t work

This was definitely the problem, have it working perfectly off the power supply! switched the black lead from the wiring harness to the ground tab but unfortunately the battery still doesn’t work
The Battery negative wire needs to connect to the Ring tab , the PCB Ground wire to the corner 45 degree Sleeve tab & In wire to Tip tab so a Stereo jack is required so if you pull the Input jack from the pedal it disconnects the battery!
The Battery power only works if you pull the Power jack lead from the pedal!!!

The Battery negative wire needs to connect to the Ring tab , the PCB Ground wire to the corner 45 degree Sleeve tab & In wire to Tip tab so a Stereo jack is required so if you pull the Input jack from the pedal it disconnects the battery!
The Battery power only works if you pull the Power jack lead from the pedal!!!

This make much more sense, thank you! I will fix this in the AM really appreciate it!!!

Back