Parentheses Octave and other issues.

JetFixxxer

With Octave engaged I'm not getting the octave. Also if I go full clockwise with the BLEND the output is lower.

Is D6 suppose illuminate?

qexieIR.jpg

Tb5JHCZ.jpg

I’d stop messing with it until the schematics are available, that way you can really see what’s going on.

I do need to stop messing with it until the schematic is posted. I might have messed the D7 trace up. I also put the "clipping led" as suggested on the other thread. Now when the toggle switch is selected down the volume drops, opposite of what it did. Everything else seems to work except the Octave and not getting the different sounds from two out of the 3 position of the toggle switch. Unless it's subtle..

I do like the sound I'm getting out of it, I wanted the octave portion of it. I have already 4 other fuzz on my pedal.

are you reading them after they have been soldered into your pcb? and are the readings you are getting less than 10K? the other parts on the PCB will often make it impossible to get an accurate reading for your resistance.

The 10k are being read while already soldered. I'm not getting a steady reading. I checked all the other resistors and those are good, when I measured R4 it was all over the place. Checked R8 and R7 with same results. R9 was at 10k and haven't check any others. Will when I get home.

I would just go by the band colors on the resistors you have already put on the board, at least as long as your resistance readings is the same or less than the value shown by the band colors. When you measure on the board you are also getting the resistance on any other paths on the board between those two points so the measured resistance will be lower than shown on the bands. your reading may also vary at first due to capacitors in those other circuit paths.

I would just go by the band colors on the resistors you have already put on the board, at least as long as your resistance readings is the same or less than the value shown by the band colors. When you measure on the board you are also getting the resistance on any other paths on the board between those two points so the measured resistance will be lower than shown on the bands. your reading may also vary at first due to capacitors in those other circuit paths.

It varies, but never a constant (even after 2-3 minutes) and it's has only been on the 10k resistors. I'm going check the others that I haven't installed to see. Of course I'm going try to not mess with anything until I get a schematic, it will be difficult as it's in my nature to figure it out.

Back