PedalPCB Terrarium - Compact Daisy Development Platform

Is one ftsw for bypass (integrated relay bypass)? Or digital buffered bypass? Of course a 3PDT or relay bypass board could be used in addition or separate from the 2nd ftsw...

They're both programmable (all of the controls and both LEDs are), you can use them for whatever function you want.

Since this is aimed at development (and also serves as a prototype) I didn't think true-bypass was particularly important.... in fact having digital bypass is a very useful tool since you have full control over what happens when you hit the switch.

I have my "Petal" set up with the same switching functionality as the Intelligent Relay Bypass module. You could, of course, wire it up true-bypass (3PDT or relay board) if you prefer.

This also serves as a proof of concept / prototype for other designs. I want to test basic functionality, signal path, and noise levels before going crazy and routing a big 1590DD multi-effects platform. ?

This makes me feel greedy to even suggest, but my dream would be something like this:
  • 1590bb turned landscape
  • Top mounted jacks
  • 5 pots on top row
  • 4 toggle switches on middle row
  • 3 footswitches on bottom row (1 for true bypass)
  • Expression pedal jack (6th pot input)

Very nice layout for that board! Tap tempo also seems like a possibility with the second footswitch. For that matter, I guess the purpose of either footswitch can be changed with a toggle switch. Crazy stuff on the way!

Those with coding capabilities will just go crazy. And that's a good thing!

With 263 PCBs in the Overdrive/Distorsion/Fuzz category, I think we're ready for something else!

:)

This makes me feel greedy to even suggest, but my dream would be something like this:
  • 1590bb turned landscape
  • Top mounted jacks
  • 5 pots on top row
  • 4 toggle switches on middle row
  • 3 footswitches on bottom row (1 for true bypass)
  • Expression pedal jack (6th pot input)
Fiiiive pots on tooooooop...
Four toggle switches,
Three stomp switches,
Two stereo outs,
And a jack to add expression with your foot.

What are you suggesting, a digital fuzz? ?
I'd love to mess around with such a thing. Multiband dirt with independent control over dynamic response for each band? FFT powered square wave re-synthesis added into the signal? Sounds like a blast.

Yep, looks like the unit will sit on headers on the board. Cool!

Yep. In a 125B it'll plug right into a female header.

There's not quite enough depth in a 1590BB for headers so it'd have to mount directly to the board unless we use 9mm pots, which isn't out of the question... I'm really enjoying having a rotary encoder instead of a mechanical rotary switch so 9mm pots could be a thing.

Is it slimline enough to mount on the other side if you lengthen out your pot legs? :LOL:

Probably. Why would you want it on the other side?

You need to be able to get to the two mini push buttons on the module in order to reprogram it. Also there's a JTAG connector that will play a huge part in software debugging.

Back