Recommendation: Mids Forward Buzzy Fuzz

You can get that sound with a Buzzaround, but I’ve obly ever built Ge.
I don’t know of an Si buzzaround. If Ge was in the mix, that’d be a good choice.
I would recommend looking into the PPCB Mutagen, and maybe the PPCB Death Cap…
Death cap was on my radar—glad to see it pop up as a recommendation. I’ll have to look into the Mutagen.
This is one of my best sellers. It’s a modernized silicon fuzz rite. Spaghetti western, ventures buzz fuzz, 60’s garage… all there with volume on tap.
Stoked to check this out. Buzzaround and fuzzrite were what I thought of first. Very cool to see a Si circuit.

big cheese
fuzz factory
anything in the TB MKIII/IV family (buzzaround/park 3-knob/dizzy tone/etc)
os mutantes
orpheum/manny's fuzz

It’s interesting to see the buzzaround mentioned here several times. Yes “buzz” is in the name but it is not at all in the sound. I’ve build literally hundreds of them and it is definitely a smooth, lightly gated, high gain distortion. Not a fuzz.

It’s interesting to see the buzzaround mentioned here several times. Yes “buzz” is in the name but it is not at all in the sound. I’ve build literally hundreds of them and it is definitely a smooth, lightly gated, high gain distortion. Not a fuzz.
I think ‘buzzy’ is a poor descriptor. I think what I was getting at was more so the timbre than the texture. Although, definitely not looking for ‘rocks in a garbage disposal’ gritty.

This is one of my best sellers. It’s a modernized silicon fuzz rite. Spaghetti western, ventures buzz fuzz, 60’s garage… all there with volume on tap.
Just whipped this one up based on this rec, as I've been wanting to screw with some more discrete Fuzzes lately. I'll get a demo up tomorrow, with (hopefully) a few other vintage classics and some Devi destruction.

This one definitely brings the raggedy buzz
e499e056-8d7a-46cc-af74-5a1e1dec94c0photo.jpeg

Very generous of you to share your design, thank you!

Fuzz rite is a great idea…annnnnnd I ordered some boards from osh to try this out!

I requested access to the Google drive link but it was not granted. Does it have the schematic?

Back