Share tayda uv paint files?

This would be great! As someone who wants to get into using Tayda for UV printing, but is worried about the well-known learning curve for getting the files just right, having some "verified" working ones like the pedal community already does with Vero layouts or Eagle boards would be amazing. I know if/when I ever get a working Tayda file, first step would be to create an easy to modify template for each enclosure size to work with.

Any chance we could get a section for uv files guys might want to share?
I can’t seem to find the time to learn how to do this. And I’d be happy with basic knob labeling and a pedalpcb name.
The learning curve isn't that steep for very simple designs, several templates already exist if you already have the software.
This would be great! As someone who wants to get into using Tayda for UV printing, but is worried about the well-known learning curve for getting the files just right, having some "verified" working ones like the pedal community already does with Vero layouts or Eagle boards would be amazing. I know if/when I ever get a working Tayda file, first step would be to create an easy to modify template for each enclosure size to work with.
See above, learning curve is not really that substantial. Many folks here have created files and uploaded them to Tayda for UV printing without issue following a basic set of best practices.

See this thread for more information: https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/tayda-uv-printing.4245/

I do my designs using gimp, could it be used to produce a valid format ?
I don't think that will produce a usable result for tayda. I know some people have used Affinity Designer for a cheaper alternative to illustrator, but tayda only officially supports PDFs made in illustrator. It has to be vectors that are in certain layers, with white and gloss using special color swatches on a PDF for tayda. If you want UV prints without the special format, I'd get ahold of Spencer at Amplify fun, when I used their UV printing service it was super simple, and you can send raster images, it doesn't have to be vector.

Nice, thank you. I don't do enough graphics to justify paying adobe fees. I'd have to try Affinity but thanks for the tip about Amplify fun.

Any chance we could get a section for uv files guys might want to share?
I can’t seem to find the time to learn how to do this. And I’d be happy with basic knob labeling and a pedalpcb name.

I'll start adding my graphics files to my build reports in cases where I use Tayda. It's a good idea.

In general, I've noticed people don't get too excited about other people's shared art files because some are so personal, weird, and unattractive. But some are bound to be hits with all the collective talent we have around here.

I do my graphics fast with little regard for aesthetics. It's a 'git-er-done' approach to getting my knobs labeled. But other people with the same mindset might find them useful.

Those look really good ! Thank you.
Anything specieal for white or gloss layers?

I share mine here:

I use Affinity Designer because it was what worked for me and I can use it on a tablet.
I did try Inkscape and Scribus, they looked great and open-source.

I like @xefned 's idea of attaching them to the build report. I will do this in the future!

Can the COLOR layer contain white elements IF there is also color elements or do I need to remove all white from that layer ?

Also, how close or far from the border can we go without any problems ?

Back
Top Bottom