What's on the workbench?

I've never heard of it, to be honest. It's a signature pedal of some sort.

A friend of mine asked if I knew anything about the pedal, I did not, so I decided to grab one to trace and then send to him afterwards.

Verified moments ago . . . the Rockman Ultimatum Distortion Generator . . . sans the 'low-battery' and buffered-bypass portions with the compressor mod to turn it down. Everything works! (Still need to futz with biasing the compressor mod a bit to dial it in better.)

Ultimatum_Proto_Board_Done_01.jpg

Used a ±6v DC dual-rail supply instead of the original +12v DC and used four & ½ dual opamps instead of three quad opamps. (Not using the power supply on the Proto-Board. Using a pair of BC modules wired up for dual- 6v rails. [off screen])
The one pot with the split shaft is the original "Volume" control that will be an internal trimmer. Added a final A100K volume at the end of the circuit like a lot of pedals. It gets loud!

(Taking the rest of the day off for Sunday Football and couch-potatoing it for a while.)

Ok, resistor is properly installed, time for some Silvertone goodness!

Well.... you'd think. If the Silvertone amps were completely silent this thing is authentic!

There's another issue. So far not blown away. 😂
Good thing that unit ended up in the hands of somebody who could fix it and not somebody who'd just return it and leave a bad review.....

because that might cost them some sales 🤣

Back